Memorial Services Held in the Senate and the House of Representatives of the United States, Together with Tributes Presented in Eulogy of Everett McKinley Dirksen, Late a Senator from Illinois
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1970 - 286 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
ability able ADDRESS admired affection American became believe body Capitol cause Civil Rights close colleagues colorful Committee Congress contributions course daughter death dedicated deep Democratic devoted distinguished eloquence EVERETT DIRKSEN EVERETT MCKINLEY DIRKSEN expressing extend feel flower give Government greatest hard heart honor House human humor Illinois important interest issues join knew known late leadership legislative live loss lost loved major Member memory mind minority leader miss Nation never occasion party passing patriot Pekin perhaps political position prayer President privilege Record remember Republican resolution respect role Senator DIRKSEN Senator EVERETT McKINLEY Senator from Illinois sense Sept September served shared skill speak Speaker stand statesman sympathy Thee things tribute unique United voice vote Washington wife
14. oldal - Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
22. oldal - But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
20. oldal - HOW firm a foundation, ye saints of the Lord, Is laid for your faith in his excellent word ! What more can he say than to you he hath said, You who unto Jesus for refuge have fled...
21. oldal - There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, The holy place of the tabernacles of the Most High. God is in the midst of her ; she shall not be moved : God shall help her, and that right early.
104. oldal - Let Fate do her worst ; there are relics of joy, Bright dreams of the past, which she cannot destroy ! Which come in the night-time of sorrow and care, And bring back the features that joy used to wear. Long, long be my heart with such memories...
59. oldal - The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country.
21. oldal - Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
21. oldal - I am thy God, and will still give thee aid; I'll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand, Upheld by My righteous, omnipotent hand.
13. oldal - One must wait until the evening to see how splendid the day has been.