Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able abſolutely advantage affection againſt appear authority becauſe believe benevolence caſes cauſe character Chriſtian circumſtances conduct conſequently conſider contrary corrupt creatures deſign direct doctrines duty enquiry entirely eternal evidence evil excellent faith fear firſt follow give goodneſs greateſt happineſs himſelf honour human nature importance inſtance intereſt itſelf judge judgment juſt juſtice kind knowledge leaſt liberty light Lord mankind manner matter means ment mind moral moſt muſt neceſſary never notions obligations opinion particular paſſions peace perfection perſons pleaſures practice prejudice preſent principles proceed proper providence rational reaſon religion reſpect revelation reward rule ſame ſay ſcheme ſenſe Serm ſerve ſhall ſhould ſome ſtate ſuch ſuppoſe ſupreme temper themſelves theſe things thoſe tion true truth underſtanding univerſal uſe vice virtue whole wiſdom wiſe
184. oldal - For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
118. oldal - Isaac, (for the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of Him that calleth,) it was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger. As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
322. oldal - Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding. For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold. She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.
121. oldal - Hath not the potter power over the clay; of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour and another unto dishonour? What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: and that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
24. oldal - Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die : yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love towards us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
161. oldal - ... the anger of the Lord was kindled against this land, to bring upon it all the curses that are written in this book : and the Lord rooted them out of their land in anger, and in wrath, and in great indignation, and cast them into another land, as it is this day.
184. oldal - But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
280. oldal - For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation ; ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.