Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able Albany appointed asked association attend August become believe better bill Bishop Brooklyn Building called Charles civil committee competent considered convention copy counsel County course court desire dictation discussion district duty examination exhibits experience expression fact feel gentlemen George give hand hear held hope House important interest John judge lawyer legislation licensing look mark matter McLoughlin means meeting mind minute Miss necessary never notes official organization Ormsby passed perhaps person position practice present President proceedings profession question reason received record reference regard remarks result Rochester secure seems shorthand speak speaker speech speed stand stenog stenographer suggest taken testimony thing thought tion transcript trial witness write York
86. oldal - I hold every man a debtor to his profession; from the which, as men of course do seek to receive countenance and profit, so ought they of duty to endeavor themselves, by way of amends, to be a help and ornament thereunto.
105. oldal - Sunset and evening star, And one clear call for me! And may there be no moaning of the bar, When I put out to sea, But such a tide as moving seems asleep, Too full for sound and foam, When that which drew from out the boundless deep Turns again home. Twilight and evening bell, And after that the dark! And may there be no sadness of farewell, When I embark; For tho...
12. oldal - Such examinations shall be practical in their character, and so far as may be shall relate to those matters which will fairly test the relative capacity and fitness of the persons examined to discharge the duties of the service into which they seek to be appointed.
42. oldal - Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
123. oldal - At such Special Meeting no business shall be transacted except such as shall be specified in the notice thereof. At every meeting of the Association the presence of twenty-five members shall constitute a quorum.
125. oldal - Appointments and promotions in the civil service of the State, and of all the civil divisions thereof, including cities and villages, shall be made according to merit and fitness to be ascertained, so far as practicable, by examinations, which, so far as practicable, shall be competitive...
120. oldal - Vice-Presidents, or (in the absence of all of them) one of the members shall preside at all meetings of the Association. The President shall be ex officio a member of the Executive Committee.
26. oldal - Words are like leaves; and where they most abound, Much fruit of sense beneath is rarely found.
92. oldal - Each complete answer will receive 10 credits. Papers entitled to 75 or more credits will be accepted.