according allowed already amount animal appear arrangements authority average become buildings carbonic acid carried causes cent Chapter cholera classes close communicating connected considerable consists construction contained cubic feet depend direct discharged disease disinfected districts drains effects efficiently enteric epidemic estimated evidence examined experiments extent fever filtering fresh air gallons give given ground head heat hospital hour houses important impurities increased inlets instances least less lime matter means measures Medical Officer nature necessary observations obtained organic outbreak Parkes passes patient persons pipes population possible practical prevent prisoners Privy produced proved quantity receive regard removed river sanitary sewage sewers situated soil solution sufficient supply surface taken tank tion towns various vegetable ventilation walls ward whole
331. oldal - For fixing the number of persons who may occupy a house or part of a house which is let in lodgings or occupied by members of more than one family : 2.
292. oldal - Bour exposed for sale, or deposited in any place for the purpose of sale or of preparation for sale, and intended for the food of man...
339. oldal - waterworks company" shall mean any corporation, person, or company of persons supplying or who may hereafter supply water for their own profit: The term " waterworks" shall include streams, springs, wells, pumps, reservoirs, cisterns, tanks, aqueducts, cuts, sluices, mains, pipes, culverts, engines, and all machinery, lands, buildings, and things for supplying or used for supplying water, also the stock in trade of any waterworks company : The expression "the local Board of Health...
292. oldal - He shall enter from day to day, in a book to be provided by the sanitary authority, particulars of his inspections and of the action taken by him in the execution of his duties. He shall also keep a book or books, to be provided by the sanitary authority, so arranged as to form, as far as possible, a continuous record of the sanitary condition of each of the premises in respect of •which any action...
336. oldal - Board shall cause the sewers vested in them to be constructed, covered, and kept so as not to be a nuisance or injurious to health...
348. oldal - ... disease, and preventing the spread of cholera and such other diseases as well on the seas, rivers, and waters of the United Kingdom, and on the high seas within three miles of the coasts thereof, as on land ; and may declare by what authority or authorities such regulations shall be enforced and executed.
332. oldal - ... shall be renewed once at least in every seven years, and shall be washed with hot water and soap once at least in every six months ; where limewashed the limewashing shall be renewed once at least in every six months.
292. oldal - ... inspect and examine any animal, carcase, meat, poultry, game, flesh, fish, fruit, vegetables, corn, bread, flour, or milk...