Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
accepted Allies appears army authority become believe Book British brought Caliph called cause century Christian Church classes common considerable constitution continued cost course court criticism demand direction early effect England English Europe existence fact farmers figures force foreign France French German give given gold Government Greek hand herbal House idea important increase industry interest Italy later less living Lloyd George Lord matter means measures methods nature necessary never officials original Paris passed peace period persons plants political population position possible practice Prayer present principles produce provinces question reason regard remain representative result rules schools secure Service taken things thought Treaty whole writing
331. oldal - E che pensieri immensi, Che dolci sogni mi spirò la vista Di quel lontano mar, quei monti^ azzurri, Che di qua scopro, e che varcare un giorno Io mi pensava, arcani mondi, arcana Felicità fingendo al viver mio!
224. oldal - Ireland, as therein set forth, to be agreeable to the Word of God ; and in Public Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, I will use the form in the said book prescribed, and none other, except so far as shall be ordered by lawful authority.
28. oldal - To him that hath shall be given ; and from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
181. oldal - Behold me charged with the cares of government. I am not the best among you; I need all your advice and all your help. If I do well, support me; if I mistake, counsel me. To tell truth to a person commissioned to rule is faithful allegiance; to conceal it is treason. In my sight, the powerful and the weak are alike; and to both I wish to render justice. As I obey God and his Prophet, obey me; if I neglect the laws of God and the Prophet, I have no right to your obedience.
216. oldal - First, the law of public worship in the Church of England is too narrow for the religious life of the present generation.
15. oldal - Nor are we fighting to deprive Turkey of its capital, or of the rich and renowned lands of Asia Minor and Thrace which are predominantly Turkish in race...
277. oldal - An ambassador is an honest man, sent to lie abroad for the good of his country.
183. oldal - To this could be traced the extraordinary vitality of the Abbasid Caliphate and the permanence of its spiritual supremacy even after it had lost its temporal authority. The acceptance of this fundamental principle of racial equality among all the subjects helped the early sovereigns of the house of Abbas to build up a polity which endured without a rival for over five centuries, and fell only before a barbarian attack from without.
329. oldal - We are the fools of time and terror : Days Steal on us and steal from us ; yet we live, Loathing our life, and dreading still to die. In all the days of this detested yoke— This Vital weight upon the struggling heart, Which sinks with sorrow, or beats quick with pain, Or joy that ends in agony or faintness — In all the days of past and future, for In life there is no present, we can number How...