A New and Original Exposition of the Book of Revelation: As Well as the Prophecies of Daniel, Ezekiel, Joel, &c. with Useful, and Practical Observations : Together with Numerous Citations from the Jewish Talmuds and Targums; and Also from Ancient History and Authors, Illustrating More Fully the Symbolical Language of this Mysterious Book
D. Fanshaw, 1848 - 324 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Acts angel apostles army authority beast believe blessed blood body called cast cause chap chapter Christ Christians church crown dead death destroyed destruction devil doubt earth emperor empire enemies eternal eyes faith father fear finally fire flesh followers four Gentiles give given glory gold gospel hand hath head heart heaven Hence holy honor hundred Italy Jerusalem Jesus Jews John Judea kingdom kings Lamb land light literally living Lord mean ministers murder Nero never opened persecution person poor pope preach present priests prince prophecy prophet punishment pure Rabbins receive reference reign repent rich Roman Rome salvation Savior seal seven sins soul spiritual stone sword temple things thou thousand throne tion twelve unto verse voice whole worship written
123. oldal - And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. 8 And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. 9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron ; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.
132. oldal - ... but in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.
264. oldal - And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image ; these both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
85. oldal - And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne, and the beasts, and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; 12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain, to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
98. oldal - And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea, Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
209. oldal - And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.
309. oldal - And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
89. oldal - And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.