A View of the Human Heart: In a Series of Allegorical Designs Illustrative of Its Evil Passions ; for the Instruction of Youth ; Together with The Issues of Life ; for the Consideration of Those who Have Erred from the Way of Truth
To be Had of Erasmus H. Simon, 1832 - 179 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A View of the Human Heart: In a Series of Allegorical Designs Illustrative ...
Barbara Allan Simon
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2019
affection animal apostles appear become behold believe blessed blood bread called cause character Christ command condemnation condition consider constitution covetous curse darkness David death delivered desire disciples earth enter evil face faith Father fear feeling fire flesh follow fruits Gentiles give given glory grace ground hand hath hear heart heaven holy honour House human Israel Jerusalem Jesus judge judgment keep kindness king kingdom knowledge land light live look Lord manifested means mind moral Moses mouth nature never º º obedience Paul poor principle prophets reason received Redeemer revealed righteousness saith salvation Scripture seed seek servant serve soul speak Spirit stand suffer term testify testimony thee things thou transgression true Truth turn understanding unto wicked wisdom wise witnesses Word
v. oldal - And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you ; depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock : and the rain descended, and the floods came, and the wind? blew and beat upon that house ; and it fell not : for it was founded upon a rock.
v. oldal - And every one that heareth these sayings of mine and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand : and the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
6. oldal - As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord ; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.
128. oldal - And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
117. oldal - Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day : we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others ; but let us watch and be sober.
141. oldal - And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand; when thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.
3. oldal - For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me: and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.
38. oldal - The wild beasts of the desert shall also meet with the wild beasts of the island, and the satyr shall cry to his fellow; the screech owl also shall rest there, and find for herself a place of rest.
v. oldal - Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven, but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name ? and in thy name cast out devils, and in thy name done many wonderful works ? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you : depart from me ye that work iniquity.