Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
allowed already Anglican Anglican Church answer Archb argument asked authority believe Bishop body brought called Catholic cause CENTURY character charge Christian Church circumstances considered controversy course Crown difficulty direct divine doctrine doubt duty Edition effect England English Essay express fact faith Fathers feeling felt friends give given ground hand heart hold Holy idea Illustrations influence judgment kind least letter Liberalism living look matter means mind miracles Movement nature never Notes object once opinion Oxford party persons position Post practical preached present principle Protestant published question reason received religion religious Roman Rome Second seemed sense Sermons speak suppose teaching tell theological thing thought tion took Tract true truth University various vols whole wish writing wrote
88. oldal - OUR Lord Jesus Christ, who hath left power to his church to absolve all sinners who truly repent and believe in him, of his great mercy forgive thee thine offences ! And by his authority committed to me, I absolve thee from all thy sins, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.
263. oldal - And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which He will show to you to-day : for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to-day, ye shall see them again no more for ever. The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.
vi. oldal - Truth, for its own sake, had never been a virtue with the Roman clergy. Father Newman informs us that it need not, and on the whole ought not to be; that cunning is the weapon which heaven has given to the Saints wherewith to withstand the brute male force of the wicked world which marries and is given in marriage. Whether his notion be doctrinally correct or not, it is at least historically so.
8. oldal - An ENGLISH-GREEK LEXICON, containing all the Greek "Words used by Writers of good authority. By CD YONGE, BA Fifth Edition. 4to. 21s. Mr. YONGE'S NEW LEXICON, English and Greek, abridged from his larger work (as above). .Revised Edition.
17. oldal - The Patentee's Manual : a Treatise on the Law and Practice of Letters Patent for the use of Patentees and Inventors.
301. oldal - For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water : whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.
19. oldal - Introduction to the Critical Study and Knowledge of the Holy Scriptures. Eleventh Edition, corrected, and extended under careful Editorial revision. With 4 Maps and 22 Woodcuts and Facsimiles. 4 vols. 8vo. £3 13s. 64 Rev. TH Home's Compendious Introduction to the Study of the Bible, being an Analysis of the larger work by the same Author.
300. oldal - And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul; So that from his body were brought unto the sick, handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.
17. oldal - Catechism of the Steam Engine, in its various Applications to Mines, Mills, Steam Navigation, Railways, and Agriculture. By the same Author. With 89 Woodcuts. Fcp. 6s. Handbook of the Steam Engine.