Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Lectures to Young Men On Their Dangers, Safeguards, and Responsibilities
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2023
Lectures to Young Men on Their Dangers, Safeguards, and Responsibilities
Rev Daniel Smith
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2019
appear become begin Bible blessed blood body cause character Christian church conscience continue corrupt course crime dancing danger death dying earth enter eternity evil fact father fear feel give hands happy hear heart heaven holy hope human ignorant interest kind labour lead less light live look Lord manner means ment mind moral mother nature never night once passed persons pleasure poor possession prayer present principles prison question reading reason receive religion respect rich ruin Sabbath says seemed society soul spirit stand suffer things thou thought tion true truth turned unto vice views virtue voice whole wise young friends young men youth
16. oldal - I went by the field of the slothful, and by the vineyard of the man void of understanding ; and, lo, it was all grown over with thorns, and nettles had covered the face thereof, and the stone wall thereof was broken down.
19. oldal - The blessing of him that was ready to perish came upon me: and I caused the widow's heart to sing for joy. I put on righteousness, and it clothed me: my judgment was as a robe and a diadem. I was eyes to the blind, and feet was I to the lame. I was a father to the poor: and the cause which I knew not I searched out.
128. oldal - The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished: 10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government.
140. oldal - Give a man this taste, and the means of gratifying it, and you can hardly fail of making him a happy man ; unless, indeed, you put into his hands a most perverse selection of books.
99. oldal - For the lips of a strange woman drop as an honeycomb, and her mouth is smoother than oil: but her end is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a two-edged sword. Her feet go down to death; her steps take hold on hell.
160. oldal - O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker. For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand.
219. oldal - BLESS the LORD, O my soul : And all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, 0 my soul, And forget not all his benefits : Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; Who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction ; Who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies ; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things ; So that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.
184. oldal - The school-boy whips his taxed top ; the beardless youth manages his taxed horse with a taxed bridle, on a taxed road ; and the dying Englishman, pouring his medicine, which has paid...