Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A New Treatise on the Use of the Globes: Or, a Philosophical View of the ...
Thomas Keith,Robert Adrain
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
according altitude angle Answer appear Aries astronomers axis azimuth beginning body brass meridian bring called Cape centre circle consequently constellation continue degrees describe diameter difference direction distance divided earth east eastward ecliptic edge Elevate equal equator exactly EXAMPLES fall figure fixed force four given place globe westward greater greatest half heavens hence horizon increase inhabitants June Jupiter latitude length light London longitude magnitude March mark mean miles minutes month moon moon's morning motion move nearly night noon north pole o'clock observed orbit parallel passed past planet pole position PROBLEM quadrant rays reckoning represent revolve right ascension rise rise and set round Rule seen shadow side signs situated star sun's declination sun's place supposed surface tides turn the globe twelve vertical zone
64. oldal - Every body continues in its state of rest, or of uniform motion in a right line, unless it is compelled to change that state by forces impressed upon it.
175. oldal - RULES TO KNOW WHEN THE MOVEABLE FEASTS AND HOLYDAYS BEGIN. EASTER DAY, on which the rest depend, is always the First Sunday after the Full Moon which happens upon, or next after the Twenty-first Day of March ; and if the Full Moon happens upon a Sunday, Easter Day is the Sunday after.
iii. oldal - A New Treatise on the Use of the Globes; or, a Philosophical View of the Earth and Heavens: comprehending an Account of the Figure, Magnitude, and Motion of the Earth: with the Natural Changes of its Surface, caused by Floods, Earthquakes, &c.: together with the Principles of Meteorology and Astronomy: with the Theory of Tides, &c. Preceded by an extensive selection of Astronomical and other Definitions, Ac.
207. oldal - Problem 12 : ihen elevate the pole as many degrees above the horizon as are equal to the latitude of that place, and bring it to the brass meridian ; so will it then be the zenith or centre of the horizon.
iv. oldal - Co. of the said district, have deposited in this office the title of a book, the right whereof they claim as proprietors, in the words following, to wit : " Tadeuskund, the Last King of the Lenape. An Historical Tale." In conformity to the Act of the Congress of the United States...
238. oldal - Elevate the globe to so many degrees above the horizon as are equal to the latitude of the place...
84. oldal - ... the inclination of the axis of the earth to the plane of the ecliptic, and partly to the different positions in which a spectator is placed in different zones of the globe.
82. oldal - In this case, it is obvious that the plane of the circle of illumination would be perpendicular to a line drawn from the centre of the sun to the centre of the earth...
172. oldal - Indiction is 15. Solar Cycle: A period of 28 years, at the end of which the days of the month return to the same days of the week.