An Essay on by Laws: With an Appendix Containing Model by Laws Issued by the Board of Trade, the Education Department, and the Local Government Board
Knight & Company, 1877 - 428 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
11 Vict 39 Vict according action admitted allow alter appears apply appointed approved attend bathing Bench Board body Borough breach building carriage carried cause Charter City Clauses Common Company confirmation considered construct contained copy Corporation Council Court custom distance district driver effect elected enabled enacted enforce erected exceed exist extent feet fixing give given Government ground Health height held hire imposed inches intended Justices least less limits London Lord manner matter Mayor means mode necessary notice objection observed occupier offence operation otherwise particular passenger penalty person premises prescribed prevent proceedings provisions Railway reasonable received receptacle reference refuse regard regulating relating removed respect rules Sanitary Authority School sect stand Statute storey street sufficient taken therein thereof thickness tion Town trade unless Urban valid Vict wall
298. oldal - ... school on any day exclusively set apart for religious observance by the religious body to which his parent belongs.
299. oldal - Act in that behalf mentioned, unless such child, being of the age of ten years or upwards, is employed, and is attending school in accordance with the provisions of the Factory Acts, or of any bye-law of the local authority (hereinafter mentioned) made under section seventy-four of "The Elementary Education Act, 1870," as amended by " The Elementary Education Act, 1873," and this Act, and sanctioned by the education department.
332. oldal - Provided, nevertheless, that the> justices, or Court before whom any complaint may be made or any proceedings may be taken in respect of any such, offence may, if they think fit, adjudge the payment as a penalty of any sum less than the full amount of the penalty imposed by this regulation. COMMENCEMENT OF THE REGULATIONS. 19. These regulations shall come into force on and after the day of 18 REVOCATION OF REGULATIONS.* 20.
51. oldal - That the child is under efficient instruction in some other manner : (2.) That the child has been prevented from attending school by sickness or any unavoidable cause...
236. oldal - Act, unless he proves that he had taken all reasonable means, by publishing and to the best of his power enforcing the said rules as regulations for the working of the mine, to prevent such contravention or non-compliance.
26. oldal - With rospect to the structure of walls, foundations, roofs, and chimneys of new buildings for securing stability and the prevention of fires, and for purposes of health...
352. oldal - Table, the thickness of each external and party wall throughout such story shall be increased to onesixteenth part of the height of the story ; but any such additional thickness may be confined to piers properly distributed, of which the collective widths amount to one-fourth part of the length of the wall.
239. oldal - Court, when hearing and determining an information or complaint under this Act, shall be constituted either of two or more justices of the peace in petty sessions, sitting at a place appointed for holding petty session, or of some magistrate or officer sitting alone or with others at some court or other place appointed for the administration of justice...
237. oldal - The penalties to be annexed to any breach, or attempt to commit any breach, of any such bye-laws may be all or any of the following penalties, and may be imposed on such persons and graduated in such manner as may be deemed just, according to the gravity of the offence, and according as it may be a first...