Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
amongst ancient appeared authority became become began beginning believe belongs better body called Catholic character Christian Church civilisation collective comes Divine doctrine Drama earth East elements Empire England established existence fact faith fear final five France Gentile give gods greater Greece Greek hand higher human idea individual inspiration Italy Jewish Jews King land language less liberty literature living logical manner means merely Middle Ages mind mission moral mountain movement nations natural never original Pagan perfect philosophy political popular present primitive principle progress prophets Protestant reason Reformation regarded religion religious represent respect Revelation rock Roman Rome sacred says scale schools society soul spirit succession sword things tion translated true truth unity universal West Western whilst whole worship
70. oldal - A wonderful and horrible thing is committed in the land; The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof (Jer.5:22-31).
80. oldal - Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? And who shall stand in his holy place? He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; Who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, and hath not sworn deceitfully.
346. oldal - THE wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; And the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose. It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice Even with joy and singing: The glory of Lebanon shall be given unto it, The excellency of Carmel and Sharon, They shall see the glory of the Lord, And the excellency of our God.
80. oldal - He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation. This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob.
345. oldal - And the streams thereof shall be turned into pitch, And the dust thereof into brimstone, And the land thereof shall become burning pitch. It shall not be quenched night nor day ; The smoke thereof shall go up for ever: From generation to generation it shall lie waste ; None shall pass through it for ever and ever.
344. oldal - COME near, ye nations, to hear; And hearken, ye people: Let the earth hear, and all that is therein ; The world, and all things that come forth of it. For the indignation of the Lord is upon all nations, And his fury upon all their armies : He hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter.
345. oldal - Seek ye out of the book of the Lord, and read: No one of these shall fail, None shall want her mate: For my mouth it hath commanded, And his spirit it hath gathered them.
346. oldal - And a highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called, The way of holiness ; the unclean shall not pass over it ; but it shall be for those : the wayfaring man, though a fool, shall not err therein.