Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
accord amongst ancient angels appears army Assyrian authority banks became brought called captivity carried cast character chief course delivered described desolation discoveries Divine earth east Egypt evidence fact faithful father fear figures fire force forms give glory gods Greek hand head heart heaven Holy human idolatry idols illustrated inhabitants inscriptions inspired Israel Jehovah Jerusalem Jewish Jews Jonah Judah king of Assyria kingdom knowledge land language Layard learned lecture living Lord means mighty mind nature Nimrod Nineveh Nisroch observed opinion overthrow palace pass period Persian persons plain present princes probable prophet proud question records regard remains represented respect river ruins sacred says Scriptures sculptures seems seen spirit symbols temple thee throne Tigris tion tribes true truth unto walls waters whilst whole worship
183. oldal - WE praise thee, O God; we acknowledge thee to be the Lord. All the earth doth worship thee, the Father everlasting. To thee, all Angels cry aloud; the Heavens, and all the Powers therein. To thee, Cherubim and Seraphim continually do cry, Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God of Sabaoth; Heaven and earth are full of the Majesty of thy Glory.
129. oldal - And it came to pass that night, that the angel of the LORD went out, and smote in the camp of the Assyrians an hundred fourscore and five thousand : and when they arose early in the morning, behold, they were all dead corpses.
106. oldal - All things come alike to all: there is one event to the righteous and to the wicked; to the good, and to the clean, and to the unclean; to him that sacrificeth, and to him that sacrificeth not: as is the good, so is the sinner; and he that sweareth, as he that feareth an oath.
134. oldal - Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green, That host with their banners at sunset were seen; Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown, That host on the morrow lay wither'd and strown.
135. oldal - And the widows of Ashur are loud in their wail, And the idols are broke in the temple of Baal ; And the might of the Gentile, unsmote by the sword, Hath melted like snow in the glance of the Lord...
16. oldal - And Cush begat Nimrod : he began to be a mighty one in the earth. He was a mighty hunter before the Lord. Wherefore it is said, even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the Lord. And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech and Accad and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.
39. oldal - And also all that generation were gathered unto their fathers : and there arose another generation after them, which knew not the LORD, nor yet the works which he had done for Israel.
117. oldal - Be not afraid of the words which thou hast heard, with which the servants of the king of Assyria have blasphemed me. 7 Behold, I will send a blast upon him, and he shall hear a rumour, and shall return to his own land; and I will cause him to fall by the sword in his own land.