Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
actions angels become beginning believe better blessed body bring called cause charity Christ Christian church concerning condition consider cure curse danger death desires devil discourse drink duty dwell effect enemy enter eternal evil excellent eyes faith fall father fear fire flesh folly fool give glory God's grace greater greatest hands hath heart heaven holy honour hope infinitely instances interest judge judgment less live Lord lust man's means measures nature necessity needs never observed pardon pass passion persons pleasure portion pray prayer present prevail promise proper punishment reason religion repentance rule secure sense servants serve severe shame sins sometimes sorrow soul speak spirit suffer tell things thou tion tongue trouble turn understanding virtue weak whole wise zeal
496. oldal - I have said, Ye are gods ; and all of you are children of the most high. 7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.
422. oldal - Lord, according as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue : whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises : that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
450. oldal - Remember not, Lord, our offences, nor the offences of our forefathers ; neither take thou vengeance of our sins : spare us, good Lord, spare thy people, whom thou hast redeemed with thy most precious blood, and be not angry with us for ever.
480. oldal - For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge ! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.
413. oldal - Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
588. oldal - But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.
70. oldal - For so have I seen a lark rising from his bed of grass, and soaring upwards, singing as he rises, and hopes to get to heaven, and climb above the clouds : but the poor bird was beaten back with the loud sighings of an eastern wind, and his motion made irregular and inconstant — descending more at every breath of the tempest, than it could recover by the...
21. oldal - For the Lord shall judge his people, and repent himself for his servants, when he seeth that their power is gone, and there is none shut up, or left.
121. oldal - Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared. Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not ; for he will not pardon your transgressions : for my name is in him.
523. oldal - For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the Gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?