Sermons preached upon several occasions [ed. by J. Calamy]. To which is added a sermon preached at his funeral by W. Sherlock
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Sermons Preached Upon Several Occasions [Ed. by J. Calamy]. to Which Is ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
able Acts advantage Affections againſt appear Authority becauſe become believe beſt better bleffed Bodies Charity Chrift Chriftians Church concerning Condition Confcience confider continually Danger Death defire Divine doth doubt Duty Earth eternal evil excellent Faith fame Favour fear felf felves feveral fhall fhew fhould fome foon fuch fure give Glory God's Government Grace greater greateſt hath Heart Heaven himſelf holy hope infinite judg Judgment Laws live Lord Love manner matter means ment Minds moft moſt muſt Name Nature never Oath oblige Paffion Peace Perfons plain Pleaſure Power preſent raiſed Reaſon receive refolved Religion Repentance Sacrament Saviour ſhall Sins Souls Spirit thefe themſelves ther theſe things thofe thoſe thou Thoughts tion true Truth underſtand unto uſe whole wicked wife World
21. oldal - And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee : nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
392. oldal - Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.
392. oldal - LET a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. 2 Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.
324. oldal - And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?
87. oldal - And hardly do we guess aright at things that are upon earth, and with labour do we find the things that are before us: but the things that are in heaven who hath searched out?
394. oldal - And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.
87. oldal - For what man is he that can know the counsel of God ? or who can think what the will of the Lord is? For the thoughts of mortal men are miserable, and our devices are but uncertain. For the corruptible body presseth down the soul, and the earthly tabernacle weigheth down the mind that museth upon many things.
133. oldal - ALMIGHTY God, unto whom all hearts be open, all ./~\. desires known, and from whom no secrets are hid; Cleanse the thoughts of our hearts by the inspiration of thy Holy Spirit, that we may perfectly love thee, and worthily magnify thy holy Name; through Christ our Lord.
241. oldal - Abraham, that he would grant unto us, that we, being delivered out of the hands of our enemies, might serve him without fear, in holiness and righteousness before him all the days of our life.
305. oldal - The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage : But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage : Neither can they die any more : for they are equal unto the angels ; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.