Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Alsace-Lorraine amounted annual annum appointed area and population army Austria avoirdupois Bavaria born April born July Branches of Expenditure Britain census census of December cent Chamber Church civil list Colonial consists Constitution Council Crown dated deputies districts Duke elected Embassy and Legation Emperor Empire England and Wales English miles English square miles exports Finance following table gives foreign France Friedrich Germany Government Grand-duke guilders guns H.M.'s Consuls H.M.'s Secretaries House Imperial imports of British increase inhabitants Ireland ironclads Islands January June June 30 King loan London March 31 married military milreis Minister Ministry navy Netherlands nominated officers Paris Parliament Portugal President Prince Princess provinces public debt railways receipts reigning Reports by H.M.'s Reports from H.M.'s republic Roman Catholic Roumania Russia Saxe-Altenburg Scotland Secretaries of Embassy Senate ships sovereign steamers Sweden taxes telegraph territory tons total number towns Treaty of Berlin United Kingdom vessels vote Württemberg
569. oldal - No person, except a natural-born citizen, or a citizen of the United States at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President ; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.
462. oldal - In return, his Imperial Majesty the Sultan promises to England to introduce necessary reforms, to be agreed upon later between the two Powers, into the Government and for the protection of the Christian and other subjects of the Porte in these territories ; and in order to enable England to make necessary provision for executing her engagement, his Imperial Majesty the Sultan further consents to assign the Island of Cyprus to be occupied and administered by England.
192. oldal - It hath sovereign and uncontrollable authority in the making, confirming, enlarging, restraining, abrogating, repealing, reviving, and expounding of laws concerning matters of all possible denominations, ecclesiastical or temporal, civil, military, maritime, or criminal: this being the place where that absolute despotic power, which must in all governments reside somewhere, is entrusted by the constitution of these kingdoms.
197. oldal - ... for the unexpired residue, whatever it may be, of any term originally created for
199. oldal - ... and the number of such voter on the register of voters shall be marked on the counterfoil, and the voter having secretly marked his vote on the paper, and folded it up so as to conceal his vote, shall place it in a closed box in the presence of the officer presiding at the polling station (in this act called "the presiding officer") after having shown to him the official mark at the back.
191. oldal - Dec. 23, 1837, the queen has granted to her an annual allowance of 385,000/. ' for the support of Her Majesty's household, and of the honour and dignity of the Crown of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
586. oldal - Representatives and direct taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included in this Union, according to their respective numbers...
197. oldal - ... be entitled to be registered as a voter, and, when registered, to vote for a member or members to serve in parliament for a borough, who is qualified as follows; (that is to say,) 1.
197. oldal - Every man shall be entitled to be registered as a voter, and, when registered, to vote for a member or members to serve in Parliament for a borough, who is qualified as follows : — (1) Is of full age, and not subject to any legal incapacity...
144. oldal - According to the terms of the Constitution, the crown is hereditary in the male line ; but, at the extinction of the latter, also in the female line. The sovereign comes of age at the completed eighteenth year, and, during his minority, the nearest heir to the throne takes the regency. In the hands of the king is the sole executive power, which he exercises through responsible ministers. The legislature is jointly in the king and Parliament, the latter consisting of two chambers. The Upper Chamber...