Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according acres agricultural amounted annual appointed army Austria births born Britain British budget census cent Chamber Chamber of Deputies Church civil Colonies commerce companies consists Constitution Crown daughter deaths debt December departments deputies direct districts divided Duke elected electoral emigrants Empire England English estimated expenditure exports females Finance five following table Foreign four francs French Friedrich Germany gives Government head hectares House Imperial imports income increase inhabitants Ireland Italy January July June King land less London males March mark married millions Minister Ministry navy officers Paris period population Possessions present President Prince Princess principal produce Protestants provinces Prussia railways regiments Reigning Report representatives returns revenue Roman Catholics royal schools Scotland Senate ships shows square miles tons towns Trade United Kingdom various vessels vote whole Wilhelm
643. oldal - No Senator or Representative shall, during the time for which he shall have been elected, be appointed to any civil office of profit under this state, which shall have been created, or the emoluments of which shall have been increased during such term, except such offices as may be filled by elections by the people.
64. oldal - The ministers as a body are responsible to the Chambers for the general policy of the Government, and individually for their personal acts.
571. oldal - By the same Act the British hundredweight of 112 pounds, and the ton of 2,240 pounds, were abolished, and the hundredweight was declared to be 100 pounds and the ton 2,000 pounds avoirdupois, thus assimilating the weights of Canada and the United States. Statistical and other Books of Reference concerning Canada and British North America. 1. OFFICIAL PUBLICATIONS. Annual Report of the Department of the Interior for the year ended June 30, 1878.
213. oldal - ... shall be entitled to be registered as a voter and when registered to vote at an election for such county or borough in respect of such occupation subject to the like conditions respectively as a man is, at the passing of this Act, entitled to be registered as a voter and to vote at an election for such county in respect of the county occupation franchise, and at an election for such borough in respect of the borough occupation franchise.
302. oldal - The Imperial and Colonial Constitutions of the Britannic Empire, including Indian Institutions.
398. oldal - Most of the above heads of departments have assistant ministers, who supply their place on certain occasions. They all communicate directly with the sovereign, or with the ' Private Cabinet of the Emperor,' in which body centres the whole executive authority of the empire. The Private Cabinet is divided into four sections, the first of which has the presidency and superintendence of the other two. and is in immediate communication with the emperor. The second...
792. oldal - Council, and no grant or appropriation of any part of the revenue can be made without the concurrence of a majority of the Council. Such parts of the revenues of India as may be remitted to England, and moneys arising in Great Britain...
216. oldal - To preserve the independence of members of the House of Commons, it was enacted, by statute 6 Anne, that, if any member shall accept any office of profit from the Crown, his election shall be void, and a new writ issue ; but he is eligible for re-election if the place accepted be not a new office, created since 1705. This provision has been made the means of relieving a member from his trust, which he cannot resign, by his acceptance of the Stewardship of the Chiltern Hundreds, a nominal office in...
820. oldal - Constitution and Government. The system of government of the Japanese empire is that of an absolute monarchy. The power of the Mikado is absolute and unlimited, in legislative, executive, and judicial matters. The Great Council (Daijo-Kwan), in which the Emperor himself presides, is the supreme executive as well as the highest legislative body.