Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The English and Their Origin: A Prologue to Authentic English History
Luke Owen Pike
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
already ancient ancient Britons Anglo-Saxon appears attempt Author blood Britain British Britons called Celtic Celts certainly chapter character characteristics common compared comparison conclusion connection considerable considered constructive Crown 8vo Cymric Dictionary discover doubt Edition element emotion England English especially Essays establish evidence exist fact French Gauls Geography German Gildas give given greater Greek hair hand head High History Illustrations importance inhabitants instances island Italy kind land language Latin least less light London Maps means mind names Natural nearly necessary origin perhaps philological physical population possessed possible Post 8vo Practical present principal probably produced proportion PUBLISHED question race reason remarked resemblances Roman Saxons seems short similar skulls speak statement suggested suppose tell Teutonic theory Third tion towns trace tribes true vols Welsh whole wonder Woodcuts writing
267. oldal - HOMES WITHOUT HANDS; a Description of the Habitations of Animals, classed according to their Principle of Construction.
267. oldal - Van Der Hoeven's Handbook of ZOOLOGY. Translated from the Second Dutch Edition by the Rev. W. CLARK, MDFRS 2 vols. 8vo. with 24 Plates of Figures, 60s. Professor Owen's Lectures on the Comparative Anatomy and Physiology of the Invertebrate Animals Second Edition, with 235 Woodcuts. 8vo. 21s. The Comparative Anatomy and Physiology of the Vertebrate Animals. By RICHARD OWEN, FRSDCL 3 vols.
1. oldal - The New Testament, illustrated with Wood Engravings after the Early Masters, chiefly of the Italian School. Crown 4to. 63s. cloth, gilt top ; or £5 5s.
5. oldal - Fcp. 5s. Preparation for the Holy Communion ; the Devotions chiefly from the works of JEREMY TAYLOR. By the same.
263. oldal - An OUTLINE of the NECESSARY LAWS of THOUGHT : a Treatise on Pure and Applied Logic.
1. oldal - Physiological Anatomy and Physiology of Man. By the late RB TODD, MDFRS and W. BOWMAN, FRS of King's College. With numerous Illustrations. VOL. II. 8vo. 25s.
7. oldal - BECKER'S CHARICLES; a Tale illustrative of Private Life among the Ancient Greeks : with Notes and Excursuses. New Edition. Post Svo.
3. oldal - London's Encyclopaedia of Agriculture: comprising the Laying-out, Improvement, and Management of Landed Property, and the Cultivation and Economy of the Productions of Agriculture. With 1,100 Woodcuts. 8vo. 31s. 6d. London's Encyclopaedia of Gardening : comprising the Theory and Practice of Horticulture, Floriculture, Arboriculture, and Landscape Gardening.