Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Allied already authority banks become British called carried Catholic cause century classes colonies common complete constitution desire direct duty economic effect election Empire enemy England English equally established existence fact force foreign France French German give greater hand Herat House ideas important increased India industrial interests Ireland Irish Italian Italy King Kingdom Labour land least less Liberal live Lord matter means ment mind nature never object opinion organization parliament party passed peace perhaps period persons political position present principle protection province question reason regard representatives responsible result Russian Turkestan secure side social Socialists spirit success things tion trade true Union United whole
114. oldal - We are the Pilgrims, master ; we shall go Always a little further : it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea...
116. oldal - Quinquireme of Nineveh from distant Ophir, Rowing home to haven in sunny Palestine, With a cargo of ivory, And apes and peacocks, Sandalwood, cedarwood, and sweet white wine. Stately Spanish galleon coming from the Isthmus, Dipping through the Tropics by the palm-green shores, With a cargo of diamonds, Emeralds, amethysts, Topazes, and cinnamon, and gold moidores.
281. oldal - Those two fat volumes, with which it is our custom to commemorate the dead — who does not know them, with their ill-digested masses of material, their slipshod style, their tone of tedious panegyric, their lamentable lack of selection, of detachment of design?
318. oldal - I do declare that no foreign prince, person, prelate, state, or potentate hath, or ought to have, any jurisdiction, power, superiority, preeminence, or authority, ecclesiastical or spiritual, within this realm : So help me God.
120. oldal - They that go down to the sea in ships, That do business in great waters ; These see the works of the Lord, And his wonders in the deep.
320. oldal - Majesty's dominions and countries, and that the pope, neither of himself nor by any authority of the Church or See of Rome, or by any other means with any other, hath any power or authority to depose the king, or to dispose...
111. oldal - Tis not too late to seek a newer world. Push off, and sitting well in order smite The sounding furrows ; for my purpose holds To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths Of all the western stars, until I die. It may be that the gulfs will wash us down: It may be we shall touch the Happy Isles, And see the great Achilles, whom we knew. Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho...
222. oldal - The peoples of Austria-Hungary, whose place among the nations we wish to see safeguarded and assured, should be accorded the freest opportunity of autonomous development.
223. oldal - The creation of a united and independent Polish State with free access to the sea constitutes one of the conditions of a solid and just peace, and of the rule of right in Europe.