Remarks on The Refutation of Calvinism: By George Tomline ...
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
able according Adam apostle appear authority become beginning believe born called Calvin Calvinists cause certainly chosen Christ christians church concerning conduct considered contrary counsel death decree deny deserve desire divine doctrine effect election eternal evil express faith fall fallen Father follow formed free-will gift give given glory God's gospel grace hath heart Holy Holy Spirit human incline Israel Jesus Christ Jews judgment justified known language living Lord manner means mercy merit mind nature necessity never object opinions original passage Paul perfect persons predestination preventing prove punishment quotations reader reason receive Refutation regeneration Remarks repentance reprobate respect righteousness salvation saved Scripture seems sense sentiments shew sight sins speak Spirit supposed sure tenets things thou thought tion true truth unto whole wicked wrath writer
105. oldal - Predestination to Life is the everlasting purpose of God, whereby (before the foundations of the world were laid) he hath constantly decreed by his counsel secret to us, to deliver from curse and damnation those whom he hath chosen in Christ out of mankind, and to bring them by Christ to everlasting salvation, as vessels made to honour.
402. oldal - For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse. For it is written ; Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
389. oldal - I will send him against an hypocritical nation, and against the people of my wrath will I give him a charge, to take the spoil, and to take the prey, and to tread them down like the mire of the streets.
706. oldal - A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you ; and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments and do them.
104. oldal - And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
305. oldal - For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
103. oldal - But the Jews stirred up the devout and honourable women, and the chief men of the city, and raised persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them out of their coasts.
738. oldal - Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth, Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
274. oldal - Again the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant-man, seeking goodly pearls ; who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had and bought it.
112. oldal - They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God : but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.