Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according acted action active adjective adverb agree Beauty beginning comes common compared conjugated conjunction connect derived divided edition English Exercises express field following verbs frequently Future Tense gender give govern Grammar happy heart hope Imperfect Tense improve indicative INDICATIVE MOOD INFINITIVE kind letter live loved 2 Thou manner marked ment mind nature neuter nominative nouns objective omitted Parsing participle Pass passions passive peace Perfect perfect participle Plural plural number possessive preposition Present Tense pronoun proper regular verb relative repeated require respect reward rich RULE says SECT sense sentence short Singular singular number sometimes sorts sound speech SUBJUNCTIVE MOOD substantive syllable Syntax temper thing third person Thou art tion tive tree true verb Vice virtue voice vowel wise woman word Write the following young
99. oldal - Soon as the evening shades prevail, The moon takes up the wondrous tale, And nightly to the listening earth Repeats the story of her birth : Whilst all the stars that round her burn, And all the planets in their turn, Confirm the tidings as they roll, And spread the truth from pole to pole. What though, in solemn silence, all Move round the dark terrestrial ball?
98. oldal - All Nature is but art, unknown to thee All chance, direction, which thou canst not see; All discord, harmony not understood; All partial evil, universal good: And, spite of pride, in erring reason's spite, One truth is clear, Whatever is, is right.
61. oldal - The only point where human bliss stands still, And tastes the good without the fall to ill ; Where only merit...
98. oldal - Pity the sorrows of a poor old man ! Whose trembling limbs have borne him to your door, Whose days are dwindled to the shortest span, Oh ! give relief, and Heaven will bless your store.
14. oldal - A Pronoun is a word used instead of a noun, to avoid the too frequent repetition of the same word : as, " The man is happy ; he is benevolent : he is useful.
99. oldal - The spacious firmament on high, With all the blue ethereal sky, And spangled heavens, a shining frame, Their great Original proclaim. The unwearied sun, from day to day, Does his Creator's power display, And publishes to every land The work of an Almighty hand.
15. oldal - AN Article is a word prefixed to substantives, to point them out, and to show how far their signification extends : as, a garden, an eagle, the woman. In English, there are but two articles, a and the : a becomes an before a vowel *, and before a silent h : as, an acorn, an hour.
96. oldal - ORDER is Heaven's first law ; and this confest, Some are, and must be, greater than the rest, More rich, more wise; but who infers from hence That such are happier, shocks all common sense.