A Debate on Christian Baptism: Between the Rev. W. L. MacCalla, a Presbyterian Teacher, and Alexander Campbell, Held at Washington, Ky. Commencing on the 15th and Terminating on the 21st Oct. 1823, in the Presence of a Very Numerous and Respectable Congregation; in which are Interspersed and to which are Added Animadversions on Different Treaties on the Same Subject, Written by Dr. J. Mason, Dr. S. Ralston, Rev. E. Pond, Rev. J. P. Campbell, Rector Armstrong, and the Rev. J. Walker
Campbell & Sala, 1824 - 420 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Abraham according Acts admit affirm apostles appear argument authority baptized believe body born bring called challenge Christ Christian church circumcision command constituted controversy covenant debate disciples discussion Divine essential evidence express fact faith Father friends Gentiles give given Greek hands heaven holy immersion import infant baptism instance Israel Jesus Jewish Jews John king kingdom letter Lord matter meaning meet Moses nature never observe once opponent Paido-baptist Paul person position practice present principles promise proof proposed proposition prove question reason received reference religion religious remarks respect rules scripture seal seed sense signifies sins society speak spirit sprinkling suppose tell term Testament thee things thou tion translated true truth unto views visible wash whole word
155. oldal - But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on bis inheritance. And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him.
174. oldal - Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.
155. oldal - Hear another parable ; There was a certain householder which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a wine-press in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country.
228. oldal - This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.
147. oldal - And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness : there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
192. oldal - And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
242. oldal - And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord ; for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord : for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
165. oldal - But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
176. oldal - Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves .to the Lord, To serve him, and to love the name of the Lord, To be his servants, Every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, And taketh hold of my covenant; Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, And make them joyful in my house of prayer: Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; For mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.