The New Chancery Practice: Being a Condensed Treatise of The Practice of the Court of Chancery, as Altered by the Recent Statutes and Orders, and by the Abolition of the Six Clerks' Office. With Practical Directions, an Appendix of Forms, (including All the New Writs,) the Orders from 1828 to the Present Time, and the Modern Statutes
O. Richards, 1844 - 537 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affidavit afterwards allowed amended answer appear Appendix application appointed attachment attend bill brief brought cause certificate Chancellor Chancery charge Clerk commission commissioners consent contained copy costs counsel course Court decree decree or order default defendant defendant's delivered demurrer depositions directed drawn effect entered entitled evidence examination exceptions execution facts filed Form further give given granted heard hearing indorsed injunction interest interrogatories issued Judge judgment leave liberty Lord manner Master motion move necessary neglects notice oath objection obtained office copy opposite party original paid party passed payment person petition plaintiff plea pleadings præcipe prepared presented previously proceed proceedings produce publication question receiver Records and Writs referred replication respect rule seal served signed solicitor subpæna subpoena sufficient suit taken Term thereof thereto thereupon tion unless usual warrant witnesses
38. oldal - Lord (a), or at any time afterwards, or over which the said CD on the said day of (a), or at any time afterwards, had any disposing power, which he might, without the assent of any other person, exercise for his own benefit...
37. oldal - Court, and according to the statute in such case made and provided, chose to be delivered to him all the goods and chattels of the said CD in your bailiwick, except his oxen and beasts of the plough, and also all such lands, tenements, rectories, tithes, rents, and hereditaments...
14. oldal - Where no account, payment, conveyance, or other direct relief is sought against a party to a suit, not being an infant, the party, upon service of the subpoena upon him, need not appear and answer the bill, unless the plaintiff specially requires him...
221. oldal - Britain as have omitted to make and file Affidavits of the Execution of Indentures of Clerks to Attornies and Solicitors to make and file the same on or before the First Day of Hilary Term One thousand eight hundred and thirty-two ; and to allow Persons to make and file such Affidavits, although the Persons whom they served shall have neglected to take out their annual Certificates.
206. oldal - That from and after the passing of this act no attorney or solicitor, nor any executor, administrator, or assignee of any attorney or sohcitor, shall commence or maintain any action or suit for the recovery of any fees, charges, or disbursements, for any business done by such attorney or solicitor...
37. oldal - CD on the said day of or, at any time afterwards had any disposing power which he might without the assent of any other person exercise for his own benefit, to hold to him the said goods and chattels as his proper goods and chattels, and to hold the said lands, tenements, rectories, tithes, rents, and hereditaments respectively, according to the nature and tenure thereof, to him and to his assigns, until the said two several sums of I.
32. oldal - AB by a reasonable price and extent, all the goods and chattels of the said CD, in your bailiwick, except his oxen and beasts of the plough ; and also all such lands, tenements, rectories, tithes, rents, and hereditaments...
92. oldal - ... but that every person so offered may and shall be admitted to give evidence on oath, or solemn affirmation, in those cases wherein affirmation is by law receivable; notwithstanding that such person may or shall have an interest in the matter in question, or in the event of the trial of any issue, matter, question, or injury, or of the suit, action, or proceeding in which he is offered as a witness, and notwithstanding that such person offered as a witness may have been previously convicted of...