Sermons and Other Practical Works: Consisting of Above One Hundred and Fifty Sermons Besides His Poetical Pieces. To which is Prefixed an Account of the Author's Life and Writings with an Elegiac Poem, and Large Contents, 5. kötet
H. Mitchell, 1796
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according againſt alſo appear becauſe believer blood bring broken called Chriſt church comes command condemn covenant curſe death delivered devil doctrine duty earth eternal everlaſting evil faith Father fear finners firſt fome foul fulneſs give given glorious glory God's goſpel grace ground hand hath head hear heart heaven Hence himſelf hold holineſs holy honour hope houſe infinite Jeſus John judgment King Lamb live look Lord means midſt moſt holy muſt name's fake nature never obedience offer perfect perſon poor promiſe remember reſpect reſt righteouſneſs rule ſaid ſalvation ſave ſays ſee ſeek ſhall ſhould ſin ſome ſpeak Spirit ſtand ſtrength of fin ſtrong ſuch thee thereof theſe things thou throne true truth unto wait whole wiſdom wrath
90. oldal - But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. Wherefore ? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law.
463. oldal - As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord ; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.
466. oldal - For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
357. oldal - Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required. Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.
477. oldal - For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.
474. oldal - The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in Him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh Him.
479. oldal - Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.
164. oldal - Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage ? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.