Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Ambition Angels beneath bids Bliſs Cauſe Creation dark Darkneſs Death deep Deity divine dreadful Duſt Earth Eternity ev'ry fair fall Fate Fear feel Fire firſt Fool Friend future give Glory Gods Grave Guilt Hand Happineſs hear Heart Heav'n Hope Hour human Immortal juſt kind leave leſs Light live look Lorenzo Love Man's Mankind Mind mortal moſt muſt Name Nature Nature's never Night o'er once Pain Peace Pleaſure Point poor Power Praiſe preſent Pride proud Reaſon rich Right riſe round Scene ſee Senſe ſet ſhall ſhe ſhines ſhould Sight Skies Song Soul Sphere Spirit Stars ſtill ſtrange ſtrike ſuch thee Theme Theſe Thine Things thoſe Thou Thought thouſand thro Throne Triumph true Truth turn Virtue Want whole whoſe Wing Wiſdom Wiſe Wiſh Wonder World wretched
20. oldal - tis madness to defer: Next day the fatal precedent will plead ; Thus on, till wisdom is push'd out of life. Procrastination is the thief of time; Year after year it steals, till all are fled, And to the mercies of a moment leaves The vast concerns of an eternal scene.
7. oldal - The bell strikes one. We take no note of time, But from its loss. To give it then a tongue Is wise in man. As if an angel spoke, I feel the solemn sound. If heard aright, It is the, knell of my departed hours : Where are they? With the years beyond the flood.
10. oldal - This is the bud of being, the dim dawn, The twilight of our day, the vestibule : Life's theatre as yet is shut, and death, Strong death alone, can heave the massy bar, This gross impediment of clay remove, And make us, embryos of existence, free.
20. oldal - Of man's miraculous mistakes this bears The palm, ' That all men are about to live, For ever on the brink of being born.' All pay themselves the compliment to think They one day shall not drivel : and their pride On this reversion takes up ready praise ; At least, their own ; their future selves applaud How excellent that life they ne'er will lead.
73. oldal - Pursuing, and pursued, each other's prey ; As wolves, for rapine; as the fox, for wiles ; Till Death, that mighty hunter, earths them all. Why all this toil for triumphs of an hour ? What though we wade in wealth, or soar in fame ? Earth's highest station ends in " Here he lies :" And dust " to dust
165. oldal - Who lives to nature, rarely can be poor ; Who lives to fancy, never can be rich. Poor is the man in debt ; the man of gold, In debt to fortune, trembles at her power.
91. oldal - ... ?—Thou, my all! My theme, my inspiration, and my crown ! My strength in age ! my rise in low estate ! My soul's ambition, pleasure, wealth !—my world ! My light in darkness! and my life in death ! My boast through time!
40. oldal - Teaching, we learn; and, giving, we retain The births of intellect ; when dumb, forgot Speech ventilates our intellectual fire ; Speech burnishes our mental magazine , Brightens, for ornament ; and whets, for use.
79. oldal - The prisoner of amaze ! — in his blest life I see the path, and in his death the price, And in his great ascent the proof supreme Of immortality.