The Voice of One Crying in a Wilderness: Or, The Business of a Christian ... Represented in Several Sermons, Under the Following Titles, Viz. A Welcome to the Plague, A Farewel to Life, The Angelic Life
T. Baldwin, 1769 - 176 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affections affliction againſt alſo angels apoſtle appear argument becauſe believe beſt bleſſings body called cauſe Chriſt Chriſtians church communicating communion concerning converſe covenant creature diſpenſation divine doctrine doth duty eternal evidence excellent eyes faith Father firſt follow foul give given glory God's goſpel grace hand happineſs hath heart heaven himſelf holineſs holy houſe infinite itſelf Jeſus Jews John judge keep knowledge leaſt leſs light live Lord Lord's manner means mind moſt muſt nature neceſſary never obedience obſerved opinion paſſage perfect perſons preaching preſent promiſe prove reaſon receive religion righteouſneſs ſaid ſalvation ſame ſaved ſay ſee ſeems ſenſe ſhall ſhould ſin Sinai covenant ſome ſoul ſpeak ſpirit ſtate ſuch temper themſelves theſe things thoſe thou tion true truth unto uſe whole
38. oldal - Not according to the Covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my Covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
116. oldal - For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but (as it is in truth) the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.
156. oldal - Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks : the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
117. oldal - But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
116. oldal - For what is our hope or joy or crown of rejoicing ? are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming ? For ye are our glory and joy.
140. oldal - Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ...
150. oldal - Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
160. oldal - Then saith he unto me ; See thou do it not : for I am thy fellow-servant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book : worship God.
156. oldal - The Spirit of the Lord God • is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord...