Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according alia alii animi animo animus appears apud armis atque authority belli bello bellum Caesar called castris Catiline Ceterum Cicero common Compare conspiracy consul copia Cortius denotes editions ejus equivalent erant erat etiam exercitu expression fide follows fuit give given Greek haec hence Igitur illi inter ipse Italy Jugurtha Latin latter magis magna manu Marius meaning mentioned Metellus mihi modo nature neque nisi Numidia observes omnia omnibus omnis originally Page pars passage paucis person postquam praeterea present quae quam quia quibus quid quis quod reading refers regarded reipublicae remarks rendered rerum Roman Rome Sallust senate sese sibi simul sine speaking sunt tamen term thing tion Understand verb
327. oldal - Each legion was divided into ten cohorts, each cohort into three maniples, and each maniple into two...
167. oldal - Facinus denotes a bold or daring action, and unless it be joined with a favourable epithet, or the action be previously described as commendable, the term is always to be understood in a vituperative sense.
220. oldal - The consuls ordered such as they pleased to be cited out of each tribe, and every one was obliged to answer to his name under a severe penalty, Liv.
186. oldal - Poplicola had a law passed, which took away the securis or axe from the fasces, ie it took from the consuls the power of life and death, and only left them the right of scourging. This last, however, was, at a subsequent period, also taken from them by the Porcian and Sempronian laws. Whether the operation of these laws extended beyond the walls of the city, or whether the consul, when invested with military command, could scourge and behead, is a point not Page.
268. oldal - We hare given lectos with Cortius and others. Some editions have electos, which may be construed as a substantive. The electi, according to Vegetius, (2, 6,) composed the first cohort, which took its post by the eagle, and was regarded as the head of...
194. oldal - Upon his return into the city, after having overthrown the party of Marius, he wrote down the names of those whom he doomed to die, and ordered them to be fixed up...
200. oldal - It was the part of the Patron to advise and to defend his client, to assist him with his interest and substance, in short to do every thing for him that a parent uses to do for his children. The Client was obliged to pay all kind of respect to his patron, and to serve him with his life and fortune in any extremity, Dionys.