Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
231. oldal - For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
329. oldal - Cathedral attired in their sacred vestments, and wearing garlands of flowers on their heads ; and the horns of the buck carried on the top of a spear, in procession, round about within the body of the Church, with a great noise of horn-blowers, as the learned Camden, upon hU own view of both, affirmeth."-P. 12. His reference is not very full, being only to
98. oldal - was fighting for his honour, and for his life; being often accused of nothing less than heterodoxy, impiety, and blasphemy, by men whose forehead was a rock, and whose tongue was a razor. To be misrepresented as a pedant and a dunce...
86. oldal - ... his eyes on two bottles in a corner of the room, one of which was full of oil, and the other of water ; and in his...
330. oldal - London, was a goodly Procession. For there was a Priest of every Parish of the Diocese [City, I suppose he means] of London, with a cope, and the Bishop of London wearing his mitre, and after according to an old custom came a fat Buck, and his Head with his Horns born upon a Banner Pole, and forty Persons blowing with the Horn afore the Buck, and behind.
192. oldal - Erasmus was the man who awakened men s understandings, and brought them from the friar's divinity to a relish of general learning. He by his wit laughed down the imperious insolence of the monks, and made them the scorn of Christendom ; and by his learning he brought most of the Latin fathers to light, and published them in excellent editions, with useful notes, by which means men of parts set themselves to consider the antient church from the writings of the fathers themselves, and not from the...
405. oldal - Nam sicut anima rationalis et caro unus est homo, ita Deus et homo unus est Christus.
58. oldal - ... est genus hominum qui esse primos se omnium rerum volunt nee sunt: hos consector; hisc.e ego non paro me ut rideant, sed eis ultro adrideo et eorum ingenia admiror simul (6).