Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
administration affairs America appears appointed assembly authorities became body Britain British brought Brunswick called Canada carried century civil close colonies commons considerable constitution council course courts crown difficulties Dominion elected England English established executive fact favour federal followed force formed France French Canadian gave give given governor governor-general imperial important Indians influence interests island justice Lake land later legislative legislature Liberal Lord Lower Canada Loyalists majority matter measures ment minister Montreal never North North America Nova Scotia obtained opinion parliament party passed persons political population position possible practically present principles province provision Quebec question representatives respect responsible result River senate settlement showed Sir John soon St Lawrence taken territory tion trade treaty union United United Empire Loyalists Upper Canada vote whole
294. oldal - American fishermen shall be admitted to enter such bays or harbours for the purpose of shelter and of repairing damages therein, of purchasing wood, and of obtaining water, and for no other purpose whatever. But they shall be under such restrictions as may be necessary to prevent their taking, drying or curing fish therein, or in any other manner whatever abusing the privileges hereby reserved to them.
233. oldal - Union, of the construction of a railway from the Pacific towards the Rocky Mountains, and from such point as may be selected, east of the Rocky Mountains, towards the Pacific, to connect the seaboard of British Columbia with the railway system of Canada ; and further, to secure the completion of such railway within ten years from the date of the Union.
262. oldal - In and for each Province the legislature may exclusively make laws in relation to education, subject and according to the following provisions: 1) Nothing in any such law shall prejudicially affect any right or privilege with respect to denominational schools which any class of persons have by law in the Province at the union...
264. oldal - Every Legislative Assembly of Ontario and every Legislative Assembly of Quebec shall continue for Four Years from the Day of the Return of the Writs for...
46. oldal - An Act to amend an Act of the fourteenth year of His Majesty, King George the Third, for establishing a fund towards defraying the Charges of the Administration of Justice and the Support of the Civil Government...
89. oldal - Loyalists, on their coming to full age, and that it was his wish to put a mark of honour upon the families who had adhered to the unity of the empire, and joined the Royal Standard in America before the Treaty of Separation in the year 1783.
207. oldal - The executive authority or government shall be vested in the Sovereign of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, and be administered according to the well-understood principles of the British Constitution by the Sovereign personally, or by the representative of the Sovereign duly authorized.
326. oldal - And if in a majority of the States a majority of the electors voting approve the proposed law, and if a majority of all the electors voting also approve the proposed law, it shall be presented to the GovernorGeneral for the Queen's assent.
46. oldal - ... and that the clergy of the said church may hold, receive, and enjoy, their accustomed dues and rights, with respect to such persons only as shall profess the said religion.
224. oldal - The slender rill had strayed, But for the slanting stone, To evening's ocean, with the tangled braid Of foam-flecked Oregon. So from the heights of "Will Life's parting stream descends, And, as a moment turns its slender rill, Each widening torrent bends, — From the same cradle's side, From the same mother's knee, — One to long darkness and the frozen tide, One to the Peaceful Sea...