Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
ages angels anthem beautiful Beneath birth brow calm CHANT CHRISTMAS coming dark dead deep died dreams earth excelsis Deo face faint Flashed floats forever Four thousand gently give Glad Gloria in excelsis glorious gold grace grand Green grim hair happy harbor at last Hath heard heart heavenly harbor heavens HELEN HENRY TIMROD holy Hope hymn King land leeward Lift light lock lone melancholy melt Mizpeh's morn motionless mournful murmur mute mysterious night o'er O’er ocean Hath once did sing pale passed PAUL HAMILTON HAYNE Pause Peace pines plain play Pray quiet dales quiver Of heart-pulses rankly fertile rapture rest rise river sigh sing solemn sombre song Sound spirit Spring stand star stirred strange sweep sweet Tall THINK thought throng tide tones touch visions voice watch waves welcoming quiver winds wing woodland
7. oldal - It waved its scepter o'er the beautiful, And they are not. It laid its pallid hand Upon the strong man, and the haughty form Is fallen, and the flashing eye is dim. It trod the hall of revelry, where thronged...
6. oldal - Still chambers of the heart, a spectre dim, Whose tones are like the wizard voice of Time, Heard from the tomb of ages, points its cold And solemn finger to the beautiful And holy visions that have passed away, And left no shadow of their loveliness On the dead waste of life.
7. oldal - Remorseless Time ! — Fierce spirit of the glass and scythe ! what power Can stay him in his silent course, or melt His iron heart to pity? On, still on He presses and forever. The proud bird, The condor of the Andes, that...
18. oldal - Like those Nicean barks of yore, That gently, o'er a perfumed sea, The weary, wayworn wanderer bore To his own native shore. On desperate seas long wont to roam, Thy hyacinth hair, thy classic face, Thy Naiad airs have brought me home To the glory that was Greece And the grandeur that was Rome. Lo ! in yon brilliant window-niche How statue-like I see thee stand, The agate lamp within thy hand ! Ah, Psyche, from the regions which i Are Holy Land! Edgar Allan Poe ISRAFEL And the angel Israfel, whose...
28. oldal - And on each tinted copse and shimmering dell Rests the mute rapture of deephearted peace. Last, sunset comes — the solemn joy and might Borne from the West when cloudless day declines — Low, flutelike breezes sweep the waves of light, And lifting dark green tresses...
5. oldal - Tis midnight's holy hour, and silence now Is brooding, like a gentle spirit o'er The still and pulseless world. Hark ! on the winds The bell's deep tones are swelling; 'tis the knell Of the departed year.
31. oldal - Voices of foeman and lover, The sweet and the bitter, have passed: Life, like a tempest of ocean, Hath outblown its ultimate blast: There's but a faint sobbing to seaward While the calm of the tide deepens leeward, And behold!
12. oldal - Peace in the crowded town, Peace in a thousand fields of waving grain, Peace in the highway and the flowery lane, Peace on the wind-swept down! Peace on the farthest seas, Peace in our sheltered bays and ample streams, Peace wheresoe'er our starry garland gleams, And peace in every breeze!
31. oldal - There's but a faint sobbing seaward While the calm of the tide deepens leeward, And behold! like the welcoming quiver Of heart-pulses throbbed through the river, Those lights in the harbor at last, The heavenly harbor at last! I feel it is over! over!
9. oldal - Glitter awhile in their eternal depths, And, like the Pleiad, loveliest of their train, Shoot from their glorious spheres, and pass away, To darkle in the trackless void ; yet Time, Time, the tomb-builder, holds his fierce career, Dark, stern, all pitiless, and pauses not . Amid the mighty wrecks that strew his path, To sit and muse, like other conquerors, Upon the fearful ruin he has wrought.