Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according actions affairs agreed Answer appear appointed assure Bristol brought Buckingham called cause charge clear command committed committee commons concerning conference consider consideration contrary council counsel course court danger debate delivered desire direction doth duke duty earl effect England express favour further gave give given gracious granted hand hath heart honour hope humbly imprisoned intention John judges justice keeper king king's kingdom land late late maj leave letter liberty lord lordships majesty majesty's matter means ment Message moved never occasion offices opinion parliament particular person Petition pleased present prince proceedings procured question reason received religion resolution royal sent shew ships sovereign Spain speak speech subjects Supply taken therein thereof thing thought tion touching Treaties true unto whereas whole
451. oldal - I came into the House one morning, well clad, and perceived a gentleman speaking, whom I knew not, very ordinarily apparelled ; for it was a plain cloth suit, which seemed to have been made by an ill country tailor ; his linen was plain, and not very clean; and I remember a speck or two of blood upon his little band, which was not much larger than his collar : his hat was without a hatband. His stature was of a good size ; his sword stuck close to his side ; his countenance swollen and reddish; his...
363. oldal - Law of the Land. IV. And in the eight and twentieth Year of the Reign of King Edward the Third, it was declared and enacted by Authority of Parliament, That no Man of what Estate or Condition that he be, should be put out of his Land or Tenements, nor taken nor imprisoned, nor disherited, nor put to Death, without being brought to answer by due Process of Law : V.
363. oldal - And whereas of late great companies of soldiers and mariners have been dispersed into divers counties of the realm, and the inhabitants against their wills have been compelled to receive them into their houses, and there to suffer them to sojourn, against the laws and customs of this realm and to the great grievance and vexation of the people.
363. oldal - Yet nevertheless, of late divers commissions directed to sundry commissioners in several counties with instructions have issued, by means whereof your people have been in divers places assembled, and required to lend certain sums of money unto your majesty, and many of them upon their refusal...
363. oldal - ... before your Privy Council and in other places; and others of them have been therefore imprisoned, confined, and sundry other ways molested and disquieted, and divers other charges have been laid and levied upon your people in several counties by...
803. oldal - Ye are the salt of the earth : but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted ? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
363. oldal - ... and condemnation of such offenders, and them to cause to be executed and put to death according to the law martial.
363. oldal - ... or liberties, or his free customs, or be outlawed or exiled, or in any manner destroyed, but by the lawful judgment of his peers, or by the law of the land.
363. oldal - ... your majesty's writs of habeas corpus, there to undergo and receive as the court should order, and their keepers commanded to certify the causes of their detainer, no cause was certified, but that they were detained by your majesty's special command, signified by the lords of your privy council, and yet were returned back to several prisons, without being charged with any thing to which they might make answer according to the law : VI.