Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
answer appear Association attended authority believe Bible Bishop body called Catholic cause Chapel Christ Christian Church clergy Committee common conduct continued death desire died divine doctrine effect England English established faith Father feelings give given hands held holy honour hope instruction interests Ireland Irish Italy John king land late learned letter live London Lord martyrs means meeting mind miracles month nature never object observed opinions passed persons poor prayer present priest principles Protestant prove reason received religion religious respect Roman Catholic Saint schools Scriptures Secretary sent Society spirit suffered taken thing tion true truth whole wish
217. oldal - Almighty and most merciful Father, We have erred and strayed from thy ways like lost sheep. We have followed too much the devices and desires of our own hearts. We have offended against thy holy laws. We have left undone those things which we ought to have done; And we have done those things which we ought not to have done; And there is no health in us.
507. oldal - For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves, and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people, saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.
571. oldal - Tis brightness all ; save where the new snow melts Along the mazy current. Low the woods Bow their hoar head...
507. oldal - ... how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God ? and for this cause he is the mediator of the New Testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
507. oldal - ... but Christ being come, an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building ; neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
26. oldal - Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought: But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.
452. oldal - Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which you have learned, whether by word, or by our epistle
576. oldal - Now, all amid the rigours of the year, In the wild depth of Winter, while without The ceaseless winds blow ice, be my retreat, Between the groaning forest and the shore Beat by the boundless multitude of waves, A rural, shelter'd, solitary scene; Where ruddy fire and beaming tapers join, To cheer the gloom. There studious let me sit, And hold high converse with the mighty dead...
507. oldal - For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. For a testament is of force after men are dead ; otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.