Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
additional addressed admission admitted afford Almshouses amount Annual subscribers annum application assistance Association asylum attendance Bankers benefit BENEVOLENT boys candidates Chapel charity Charles child Christian Church City clothed Collector College committee Company consists constitutes contributions destitute diseases DISPENSARY distress district Edward elections England entitled ESTABLISHED females five formed founded funds George girls given governor grant guinea annually Henry Hospital institution instruction James John Ladies letters Loan London Lord Master means meet Messrs month o'clock object obtained orphans parish patients paying payment pensions persons Physician poor present President principles promote received recommend relief religious respectable Right ROAD Robert ROYAL School Secretary seven sick Smith society STREET subscribers subscriptions Subscriptions received Surgeon Thomas tion Treasurer Trustees upwards visiting vote week Westminster widows
205. oldal - That so long as Slavery exists, there is no reasonable prospect of the annihilation of the Slave-trade, and of extinguishing the sale and barter of human beings ; that the extinction of Slavery and the Slave-trade will be attained most effectually by the employment of those means which are of a moral, religious, and pacific character ; and that no msasures be resorted to by this Society, in the prosecution of these objects, but such as are in entire accordance with these principles.
vii. oldal - If I did despise the cause of my manservant or of my maidservant, when they contended with me; (What then shall I do when God riseth up? and when he visiteth, what shall I answer him ? Did not he that made me in the womb make him ? and did not One fashion us in the womb...
203. oldal - We agree to abstain from distilled spirits, except for medicinal purposes, and to discountenance the causes and practice of intemperance.
180. oldal - Society is, exclusively, to promote the circulation of the Holy Scriptures, without note or comment, both at home and abroad.
x. oldal - Devises of Land, or of money charged on Land, or secured on mortgage of lands or tenements, or to be laid out in lands or tenements, or to arise from...
174. oldal - Charter in the year 1701, for the receiving, managing, and disposing of such funds as might be contributed for the religious instruction of her Majesty's subjects beyond the seas ; for the maintenance of Clergymen in the Plantations, Colonies, and Factories of Great Britain ; and for the propagation of the Gospel in those parts.
166. oldal - WITH reference to your letter of the 31st ultimo, I am directed to forward to you herewith a copy of the report made by the Committee referred to in my letter of the 27th ultimo; in the schedule to which report will be found the regulations which were on the 5th ultimo in force in the united parishes of St. Margaret and St. John the Evangelist, Westminster. I am also directed to refer you to the letter of the llth instant, by which you will perceive the report was considered and unanimously adopted...
186. oldal - Society,' shall be formed ; the objects of which shall be — 1st, to provide a fund for aged or infirm clergymen, or salaries for their assistants, and general aid for congregations struggling with pecuniary difficulties...
149. oldal - supporting and educating the children of soldiers, sailors, and marines, natives of •Scotland, who have died or been disabled in the service -of their country ; and of indigent Scotch parents, resident in London, not entitled to parochial relief.