Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
America ancient antediluvian appear Arian atmosphere Author Azoic Bible book of Job carboniferous causes centre Cetacea changes chapter character cloth clouds condition connection cosmogony created creative Creator darkness day of creation deluge distinct divine doctrine dry land earth Edition Egypt Egyptian evidence existing facts farther fauna Fcap forms fossil Genesis geological geological periods geologists heavens Hebrew human hypothesis Illustrated introduction language laws light Mabel Vaughan mammals Manetho meaning merely Mesozoic modern Mosaic Mosaic record Moses narrative natural history naturalists objects observed organic origin Palaeozoic perfect Post 8vo pre-Adamite present primitive probably Prof progress Psalm quadrupeds races reason reference regard regions remarkable reptiles revelation rocks sabbath scripture Semitic septuagint Silurian species strata supposed surface term tertiary period thou tion transmutation of species tribes truth ture unity vapour varieties vegetable verse waters whole word writers
187. oldal - And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind. And God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying : Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
202. oldal - Nature, red in tooth and claw With ravine, shriek'd against his creed — Who loved, who suffer'd countless ills, Who battled for the True, the Just, Be blown about the desert dust, Or seal'd within the iron hills? No more ? A monster then, a dream, A discord. Dragons of the prime, That tare each other in their slime, Were mellow music match'd with him.
188. oldal - And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you...
140. oldal - All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.
51. oldal - When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep: When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment; when he appointed the foundations of the earth: Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him; Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.
175. oldal - And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
214. oldal - And God said, Behold I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed ; to you it shall be for meat.
139. oldal - BLESS the Lord, O my soul. O Lord my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty. Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment : who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain...
153. oldal - But where shall wisdom be found ? and where is the place of understanding ? Man knoweth not the price thereof; neither is it found in the land of the living. The depth saith, It is not in me : and the sea saith, It is not with me.
202. oldal - So careful of the type'? but no. From scarped cliff and quarried stone She cries, 'A thousand types are gone: I care for nothing, all shall go. 'Thou makest thine appeal to me : I bring to life, I bring to death : The spirit does but mean the breath : I know no more.