Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
advance American appointed approved arms Army arrived artillery assistant attack August authorized battalions battle bounty brigade British called campaign capital captain cause cavalry Chief Colonel command commissioned Committee companies Conduct Confederate Congress consisted Constitution corps defense Department detachment directed discharge discipline division duty effect enemy engaged enlisted establishment execution field follows force four furnished further give given Government governors important increased Indians infantry Joint July June killed land less letter lieutenants loss major March McClellan ment miles military militia months move movement nearly necessary officers operations opinion organization passed persons position Potomac present President raised rank Rebellion received recruiting regiments regular remained Report River Secretary sent soldiers staff supplies tion troops United Virginia volunteers Washington whole wounded
31. oldal - States, or any of them, nor emit bills, nor borrow money on the credit of the United States, nor appropriate money, nor agree upon the number of vessels of war to be built or purchased, or the number of land or sea forces to be raised, nor appoint a commander in chief of the army or navy, unless nine States assent to the same...
31. oldal - ... office — appointing all officers of the land forces, in the service of the United States, excepting regimental officers — appointing all the officers of the naval forces, and commissioning all officers whatever in the service of the United States — making rules for the government and regulation of the said land and naval forces, and directing their operations. THE United States in Congress assembled shall have authority to appoint a committee, to sit in the recess of Congress, to be denominated...
30. oldal - States in congress assembled, for the defence of such State or its trade; nor shall any body of forces be kept up by any State in time of peace, except such number only as, in the judgment of the United States in congress assembled, shall be deemed requisite to garrison the forts necessary for the defence of such State...
31. oldal - States an account of the sums of money so borrowed or emitted — to build and equip a navy — to agree upon the number of land forces, and to make requisitions from each State for its quota, in proportion to the number of white inhabitants in such State ; which requisition shall be binding, and thereupon the legislature of each State shall appoint the regimental officers, raise the men, and clothe, arm and equip them in a soldier-like manner, at the expense of the United States ; and the officers...
72. oldal - The Congress shall have Power 1 To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States...
256. oldal - States, are hereby approved and in all respects legalized and made valid, to the same intent and with the same effect as if they had been issued and done under the previous express authority and direction of the Congress of the United States.
441. oldal - In pursuance of this authority, the act of 1795 has provided "that whenever the United States shall be invaded, or be in imminent danger of invasion from any foreign nation or Indian tribe, it shall be lawful for the President of the United States to call forth such number of the militia of the state or states most convenient to the place of danger, or scene of action, as he may judge necessary to repel such invasion, and to issue his order for that purpose to such officer or officers of the militia...
30. oldal - Each state retains its sovereignty, freedom and independence, and every power, jurisdiction and right which is not by this Confederation expressly delegated to the United States in Congress assembled.