Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affairs allies appointed arms army arrived assist assured attack began bill bishop body brought carried church command commissioners commons concerned conduct considerable continued council court crown desired duke Dutch earl effect elector employed enemy engaged England English expressed favour five fleet forces formed France French garrison granted hands Holland horse hundred immediately importance interest Ireland Italy John joined king James king William king's kingdom land late letter Lewis lords maintain majesty majority marched means measures ment ministers necessary oath obliged observed officers opposition parliament party passed peace person possession presented prince proceeded produced promised proposed protestant queen raised received resolution resolved retired returned sailed sent session ships Spain squadron subjects succession supply taken thousand tion took treaty troops voted whole
10. oldal - Will you. to the utmost of your power maintain the laws of God, the true profession of the gospel, and the Protestant reformed religion established by the law? And will you preserve unto the bishops and clergy of this realm, and to the churches committed to their charge, all such rights and privileges as by law do or shall appertain unto them, or any of them? King or queen. All this I promise to do.
10. oldal - Will you solemnly promise and swear to govern the people of this kingdom of England, and the dominions thereto belonging, according to the statutes in parliament agreed on, and the laws and customs of the same?
167. oldal - An act to prevent malicious informations in the court of king's bench, and for the more easy reversal of outlawries in that court — An act for the better discovery of judgments in the courts of law — An act for delivering declarations to prisoners...
123. oldal - That upon the trial of any peer or peeress, for treason or misprision of treason, all the peers who have a right to sit and vote in parliament should be duly summoned to assist at the trial; That this notice should be given twenty days before the trial: and, that every peer so summoned, and appearing, should vote upon the occasion. The commons rejected this amendment: and a free conference ensued. The point was argued with great vivacity on both sides, which served only to inflame the dispute, and...
206. oldal - And they went to bury her : but they found no more of her than the skull, and the feet, and the palms of her hands.
347. oldal - That from and after the time that the further limitation by this act shall take effect, all matters and things relating to the well governing of this kingdom, which are properly cognizable in the privy council by the laws and customs of this realm, shall be transacted there; and all resolutions taken thereupon shall be signed by such of the privy council as shall advise and consent to the same.
347. oldal - That in case the crown and imperial dignity of this realm shall hereafter come to any person not being a native of this kingdom of England this nation be not obliged to engage in any war for the defence of any dominions or territories which do not belong to the crown of England without the consent of Parliament.
13. oldal - Protestant Subjects dissenting from the Church of England from the Penalties of certain Laws...