Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Reasons of the Laws of Moses: From the "More Nevochim" of Maimonides
Moses Maimonides,James Townley
Korlátozott előnézet - 2001
Abraham according actions altar ancient animals appears become believed blood body called cause ceremonies certain Christian commanded Commentaries committed considered crime death Deut Divine eaten Egypt Egyptians enjoined evident Exod father Feast fire forbidden frequently fruit give given gods hand heathen heaven Hebrew High holy honour idolatry images influence institutions intention Israelites Jewish Jews Judges judgment kind King known land learned Levit London Lord Maimonides manner means ment mind Moses nature never NOTE object observed occasion offered opinions origin perfection person practice precepts prevent priests prohibited Prophet punishment reason received regarded relate remarks rendered respecting rites sacred sanctuary says Scripture shalt similar slave stars supposed Talmud temple things thou tion translated trees true unclean unto various whole worship writings
318. oldal - Jebusites, seven nations greater and mightier than thou ; and when the Lord thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them: neither shalt thou make marriages with them ; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.
364. oldal - If I did despise the cause of my manservant or of my maidservant, when they contended with me; (What then shall I do when God riseth up? and when he visiteth, what shall I answer him ? Did not he that made me in the womb make him ? and did not One fashion us in the womb...
216. oldal - Lest when thou hast eaten and art full, and hast built goodly houses, and dwelt therein ; and when thy herds and thy flocks multiply, and thy silver and thy gold is multiplied, and all that thou hast is multiplied : Then thine heart be lifted up, and thou forget the Lord, thy God...
320. oldal - I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth : I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain: I the Lord speak righteousness, I declare things that are right.
370. oldal - And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death.
180. oldal - I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of 'Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices : but this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people : and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.
82. oldal - For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
287. oldal - Thou shalt observe the feast of tabernacles seven days, after that thou hast gathered in thy corn and thy wine : and thou shalt rejoice in thy feast, thou, and thy son, and thy daughter, and thy manservant, and thy maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, that are within thy gates.
363. oldal - And ye shall sow the eighth year, and eat yet of old fruit until the ninth year; until her fruits come in ye shall eat of the old store.