Remarks on the Perseverance of the Saints: Being the Substance of Two Discourses, Preached in the Second Presbyterian Church, Wilmington, April 13, 1823
R. Porter, 1823 - 22 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Remarks on the Perseverance of the Saints: Being the Substance of Two ...
Eliphalet Wheeler Gilbert
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2017
admit alludes angels Apostle says Apostleship appears argument believe Brethren called Calvinist cast certainty Christ says Christ’s sheep Christian brethren church coming to Christ conversion covenant David deny destroy free agency devil doctrine doubt have continued draw back elect escape evident express declaration falling from grace Father fell forsake garrison given to Christ glory God’s Gospel grant hath heart heaven Holy Spirit Hymeneus and Philetus impossible infallible perseverance iniquity John iii John vi John xvii Joy IN HEAven Judas lest Lord says lost loving kindness Matt never had grace object ordained to eternal ourselves perish perseverance depends persons Peter and John pray predestinate prove real Christians real saints repentance righteousness saints falling salvation sanctification Satan Saul Scripture seal sinner Solomon soul Suppose supposition sure Surety thee things thro transgressions universal proposition unpardonable sin unto viii word
17. oldal - Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his.
19. oldal - If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments ; If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments ; Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes. Nevertheless my loving-kindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.
18. oldal - They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us ; but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
16. oldal - Now, He which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts
20. oldal - But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
7. oldal - While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name ; those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition, that the scripture might be fulfilled...
15. oldal - His counsel, confirmed it by an oath ; "that by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the Hope set before us...