Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
accent againſt alſo ancient appear Author beautiful called caſe cauſe character common concerning conſider contains effect equal fame farther firſt fome former friends give given hand hath himſelf hiſtory honour Houſe human imagination judge kind King language laſt late laws learned leaſt leſs Letters liberty lived Lord manner means merit method mind moſt muſt nature never objects obſerved occaſion opinion original Parliament particular peace performance perſon preſent Prince principles printed probably proper prove Readers reaſon regard relation religion remarkable reſpect ſaid ſame ſays ſecond ſee ſeems ſenſe ſeveral ſhall ſhe ſhould ſome ſpeak ſtate ſubject ſuch ſuppoſed taken themſelves theſe thing thoſe thought tion true truth uſe whole whoſe Writer young
445. oldal - Eurotas. The great lady still leads the dance, and is followed by a troop of young girls, who imitate her steps, and, if she sings, make up the chorus. The tunes are extremely gay and lively, yet with something in them wonderfully soft. The steps are varied according to the pleasure of her that leads the dance, but always in exact time, and infinitely more agreeable than any of our dances...
259. oldal - For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful are opened against me: they have spoken against me with a lying tongue.
452. oldal - Her fair maids were ranged below the sofa, to the number of twenty, and put me in mind of the pictures of the ancient nymphs. I did not think all nature could have furnished such a scene of beauty.
451. oldal - ... embroidered; and at her feet sat two young girls about twelve years old, lovely as angels, dressed perfectly rich, and almost covered with jewels. But they were hardly...
450. oldal - I could not eat of as many as the good lady would have had me, who was very earnest in serving me of every thing. The treat concluded with coffee and perfumes, which is a high mark of respect ; two slaves kneeling censed my hair, clothes, and handkerchief.
452. oldal - ... maids were ranged below the sofa to the number of twenty, and put me in mind of the pictures of the ancient nymphs. I did not think all nature could have furnished such a scene of beauty. She made them a sign to play and dance. Four of them immediately began to play some soft airs on instruments between a lute and a guitar, which they accompanied with their voices, while the others danced by turns.
450. oldal - Vizier's ; and the very house confessed the difference between an old devotee and a young beauty. It was nicely clean and magnificent. I was met at the door by two black eunuchs, who led me through a long gallery between two ranks of beautiful young girls, with their hair finely plaited, almost hanging to their feet, all dressed in fine light damasks, brocaded with silver. I was sorry that decency did not permit me to stop to consider them nearer.
380. oldal - They generally take this diversion once a week, and stay there at least four or five hours, without getting cold by immediate coming out of the hot bath into the cold room, which was very surprising to me.