Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
afterwards Alexander ancient appears army Asia Assyria authority battle became born brother called capital carried cause celebrated century character Charles chief Christian church civil command conquered conquest continued crown death defeated destroyed died distinguished divided duke earth east Edward Egypt emperor empire engaged England English established Europe excellent extended famous father followed force founded France French Germany Greece Greeks head Henry important inhabitants Italy Jerusalem John king kingdom known land learning lived lord Louis marched Minor monarch noted origin passed period Persian person Philip poet possession present prince principal provinces queen Questions for Examination received reign remained remarkable river Roman Rome situated Spain subdued subjects succeeded success Syria taken temple throne took victory wars writer wrote
385. oldal - THREE Poets, in three distant ages born, Greece, Italy, and England did adorn. The first in loftiness of thought surpassed; The next in majesty •, In both the last. The force of Nature could no further go ; To make a third, she joined the former two.
163. oldal - And the children of Israel went away, and did as the LORD had commanded Moses and Aaron, so did they. And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.
164. oldal - And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night...
18. oldal - From that time, like everything else which falls into the hands of the Mussulman, it has been going to ruin, and the discovery of the passage to India by the Cape of Good Hope gave the deathblow to its commercial greatness.
13. oldal - And Cush begat Nimrod : he began to be a mighty one in the earth. He was a mighty hunter before the Lord. Wherefore it is said, even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the Lord. And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech and Accad and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.
171. oldal - And the LORD sold them into the hand of Jabin king of Canaan, that reigned in Hazor; the captain of whose host was Sisera, which dwelt in Harosheth of the Gentiles. 3 And the children of Israel...
390. oldal - WHEN Learning's triumph o'er her barb'rous foes First rear'd the stage, immortal Shakspeare rose ; Each change of many-colour'd life he drew, Exhausted worlds, and then imagin'd new: Existence saw him spurn her bounded reign, And panting Time toil'd after him in vain.
382. oldal - He trod an open but unfrequented path to immortality, in the ardent and unremitted exercise of Christian charity. May this tribute to his fame excite an emulation of his truly glorious achievements.