Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
accounts American amount apparatus appointed Black Board boat breech-loading building Bust California carriage cent charge Class coast collection containing corn cotton County Dahlgren Department designed diameter division duty employed envelopes exceeding exhibited feet flag Florida fruit gathered Government grows inches iron Island issued Jersey John July June 30 lamp leaves length light light-house manufacture March marl Massachusetts Michigan miles months Mountains names Naval Navy North Obverse operation Pennsylvania Philadelphia piece Pinus placed planting post-offices pounds prepared present Quercus received represented Reverse rice rifle River Salix samples seed shell ship shot showing small tree soil South Southern species specimens stamps stations sugar Superintendent supply Surface survey Thuja occidentalis tion Treasury tree United Virginia Washington weight West White wood Yellow York
88. oldal - States, as may be by law required of him ; to make report, and give information to either branch of the legislature, in person or in writing (as he may be required), respecting all matters referred to him by the Senate or House of Representatives, or which shall appertain to his office ; and generally to perform all such services relative to the finances, as he shall be directed to perform.
54. oldal - Oh ! say, can you see, by the dawn's early light, What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming, Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight, O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming? And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air, Gave proof through, the night that our flag was still there.
54. oldal - Blest with victory and peace, may the heaven-rescued land Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation. Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just ; And this be our motto :
54. oldal - O'er the land of the free, and the home of the brave? On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep, Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes, What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep, As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
223. oldal - That there shall be at the seat of Government a Department of Labor, the general design and duties of which shall be to acquire and diffuse among the people of the United States useful information on subjects connected with labor, in the most general and comprehensive sense of that word...
54. oldal - Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution. No refuge could save the hireling and slave From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave ; And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave O'er the land of the free, and the home of the brave.
223. oldal - to acquire and preserve in his Department all information concerning agriculture which he can obtain by means of books and correspondence, and by practical and scientific experiments, (accurate records of which experiments shall be kept in his office) ; by the collection of statistics, and by any other appropriate means within his power...
224. oldal - He shall also make special reports on particular subjects whenever required to do so by the President or either house of Congress, or when he shall think the subject in his charge requires it.
167. oldal - An act to provide internal revenue to support the Government and to pay interest on the public debt,
95. oldal - President be, and he is hereby, authorized and required to appoint, immediately after the passage of this act, two officers of the navy, of high rank, one officer of the corps of engineers of the army, one officer of the corps of topographical engineers of the army, and two civilians of high scientific attainments, whose services may be at the disposal of the President ; and an officer of the navy and an officer of engineers of the army, as secretaries, who shall constitute the Light-house Board...