Evangelical Biography: Or, An Historical Account of the Lives & Deaths of the Most Eminent and Evangelical Authors Or Preachers, Both British and Foreign, in the Several Denominations of Protestants, from the Beginning of the Reformation to the Present Time ...
W. Baynes, 1816
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able affection afterwards answer appeared Archbishop Author Bishop blessed body brought called cause Christ Christian church comfort concerning continued conversation course court death desired discourse divine Doctor England excellent expressed faith father fear friends gave give given glory God's grace hand hath heard heart heaven holy honour hope Jesus judge judgment King knew knowledge learning letter lived London look Lord manner matter means mind minister ministry nature never observed occasion pains pass person poor pray prayers preached present printed published reason received religion rest Scripture sent sermon shewed soul speak spirit studies suffer taken thee things thou thought tion told took true truth unto whole writing
239. oldal - Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts : we shall be satisfied, with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple.
253. oldal - Hath the Lord indeed spoken only by Moses? hath he not spoken also by us? And the Lord heard it. 3 (Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth...
120. oldal - Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy : when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me.
127. oldal - Christ, and be found in Him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith : that I may know Him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death, if by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
129. oldal - I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed to him against that day.
126. oldal - I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation : I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation.
128. oldal - If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye ; for the Spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you ; on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
58. oldal - The Sundays of man's life, Threaded together on time's string, Make bracelets to adorn the wife Of the eternal glorious King. On Sunday heaven's gate stands ope ; Blessings are plentiful and rife — More plentiful than hope.