Hadden's Handbook on the Local Government Act, 1894: Being a Complete and Practical Guide to the Above Act and Its Incorporated Enactments ...
Hadden, Best & Company, 1894 - 466 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Hadden's Handbook On the Local Government Act, 1894: Being a Complete and ...
William Henry Dumsday
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2018
Hadden's Handbook on the Local Government ACT, 1894: Being a Complete and ...
William Henry Dumsday
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
accounts adoptive allotments alteration Amendment appeal apply appointed day become Board of Guardians borough boundaries candidate chairman charge charity clerk Commissioners common confirmation consent constituted continue copy County Council court determined direct divided duties effect election enactment entitled exercise existing expenses give given Government Act Government Board held highway hiring holding includes inquiry joint committee justices land less liabilities Local Government Act Local Government Board manner matters means ment mentioned municipal necessary notice otherwise overseers paid Parish Council Parish Meeting parliamentary parochial electors partly passing payment person petition poll powers practice prescribed present proceedings provisions qualification question reasonable reference relating repair respect Rules Rural District Council rural parish sanitary authority Sect separate situate term thereof Town transferred union unless urban district vestry Vict vote wards
324. oldal - Act, if any payment or contract for payment is made in contravention of this section, either before, during, or after an election, the person making such payment shall be guilty of illegal payment...
339. oldal - ... on account of or in respect of the conduct or management of the said nomination or election.
349. oldal - To state an award as to the whole or part thereof in the form of a special case for the opinion of the Court ; and (c.) To correct in an award any clerical mistake or error arising from any accidental slip or omission.
336. oldal - ... to procure, any money or valuable consideration to or for any voter, or to or for any person on behalf of any voter, or to or for any other person in order to induce any voter to vote or refrain from voting1, or shall corruptly do any such act as aforesaid on account of such voter having voted or refrained from voting at any election...
229. oldal - ... in respect of any offence committed against any enactment so repealed ; or (e) affect any investigation, legal proceeding, or remedy in respect of any such right, privilege, obligation, liability, penalty, forfeiture, or punishment as aforesaid ; and any such investigation, legal proceeding, or remedy may be instituted, continued, or enforced, and any such penalty, forfeiture, or punishment may be imposed, as if the repealing Act had not been passed.
281. oldal - Any ballot paper which has not on its back the official mark, or on which votes are given to more candidates than the voter is entitled to vote for, or on which anything, except the said number on the back, is written or marked by which the voter can be identified, shall be void and not counted.
335. oldal - ... to or for any voter, or to or for any person on behalf of any voter, or to or for any other person, in order to induce such voter to vote or refrain from voting, or shall corruptly do any such act as aforesaid, on account of any voter having voted or refrained from voting at any election.
283. oldal - Act called a tendered ballot paper) shall be of a colour differing from the other ballot papers, and, instead of being put into the ballot box, shall be given to the presiding officer and endorsed by him with the name of the voter and his number in the register of voters, and set aside in a separate packet, and shall not be counted by the returning officer. And the name of the voter and his number on the register shall be entered on a list in this Act called the "tendered votes list.
315. oldal - Whether any corrupt practice has or has not been proved to have been committed by or with the knowledge and consent of any candidate at such election, and the nature of such corrupt practice...
310. oldal - ... to imprisonment for any term not exceeding six months, with or without hard labour.