Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Africa American appear become better bill British called carry cent century Chamberlain Christian Cleveland Colonial Congress Continued course December election Empire England English fact field force foreign France French German give gold hand House important increase interest Italy January Jews John land least less living London Lord matter means ment months nature never November opinion party passed persons political position possible practical present President Professor question race reason recent reform regard relation Representatives result Review Rhodes rule Russia says seems Senate silver social South story Sultan things tion true United University vote whole writing York
399. oldal - SHE walks in beauty, like the night Of cloudless climes and starry skies; And all that's best of dark and bright Meet in her aspect and her eyes: Thus mellow'd to that tender light Which heaven to gaudy day denies.
8. oldal - I am nevertheless firm in my conviction that while it is a grievous thing to contemplate the two great English-speaking peoples of the world as being otherwise than friendly competitors in the onward march of civilization, and strenuous and worthy rivals in all the arts of peace, there is no calamity which a great nation can invite which equals that which follows a supine submission to wrong and injustice and the consequent loss of national self-respect and honor beneath which are shielded and defended...
230. oldal - Blackwell. — PIONEER WORK IN OPENING THE MEDICAL PROFESSION TO WOMEN : Autobiographical Sketches. By Dr. ELIZABETH BLACKWELL.
8. oldal - When such report is made and accepted it will, in my opinion, be the duty of the United States to resist by every means in its power as a wilful aggression upon its rights and interests the appropriation by Great Britain of any lands or the exercise of governmental jurisdiction over any territory which after investigation we have determined of right belongs to Venezuela.
10. oldal - Rough are the steps, slow-hewn in flintiest rock, States climb to power by ; slippery those with gold Down which they stumble to eternal mock: No chafferer's hand shall long the sceptre hold, Who, given a Fate to shape, would sell the block.
8. oldal - Trinidad. The disputed frontier of Venezuela has nothing to do with any of the questions dealt with by President Monroe. It is not a question of the colonization by a European Power of any portion of America. It is not a question of the imposition upon the communities of South America of any system of government devised in Europe. It is simply the determination of the frontier of a British possession which belonged to...
214. oldal - And the Lord said unto Jehu, Because thou hast done well in executing that which is right in Mine eyes, and hast done unto the house of Ahab according to all that was in Mine heart, thy children of the fourth generation shall sit on the throne of Israel.
68. oldal - No law shall be passed by the general assembly granting the right to construct and operate a street railroad within any city, town or incorporated village, without requiring the consent of the local authorities having the control of the street or highway proposed to be occupied by such street railroad.