Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Memoirs of the Life and Writings of the REV. Claudius Buchanan, D.D., Late ...
Hugh Nicholas Pearson
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
affection appeared arrival attention authority Bengal Bible Bishop British Brown Buchanan Calcutta called character Christ Christian church Cochin Colonel communicate considered continued copy course Court dear desire duty East England English establishment expected expressed faith friends give Gospel Hall hand happy hear heard Hindoos honour hope important India Institution intended interesting journey Juggernaut knowledge labours language late learned leave letter live look Lord Macaulay means Memoir mentioned mind missionaries month native nature notice object obliged observed particularly passed persons preached present priests printed probably proceed promote proposed published Rajah received referred religion religious remain respect Scriptures sent sermon Society spirit Syrian thing thought tion told translation University various whole wish write wrote
142. oldal - Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel...
254. oldal - FOR an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water : whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in, was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.
204. oldal - Ye know also, some of you in your blessed experience, that God has given testimony to the word of his grace, so that " our gospel came not to you in word only, but in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance.
302. oldal - Committee that it is the duty of this country to promote the interest and happiness of the native inhabitants of the British dominions in India, and that such measures ought to be adopted as may tend to the introduction among them of useful knowledge and of religious and moral improvement.
114. oldal - DEAR SIR, I had the pleasure to receive your letter of the...
323. oldal - My health, concerning which you inquire, continues, we hope, to mend; but it will be long before I obtain much strength, even if there should be no relapse of paralysis, which can only be known to him who said to the sick of the palsy,
185. oldal - Considerations on the Practicability, Policy, and Obligation of communicating to the Natives of India the Knowledge of Christianity. With Observations on the "Prefatory Remarks" to a pamphlet published by Major Scott Waring.