Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
active amendment Association Bank became born Boston Brown building called Charles church College Committee Concord Constitution continued Convention County Court daughter death delegate Democratic Department died direction Dover early educated election England entered Exeter Falls father five four George give Governor graduated Hampshire hand Haverhill held Henry Hill honor important Indians interest Island James John Judge June known land late later legislature lived Manchester March married Mass meeting ment miles mountain native never opened organization party passed pastor peace Point political practice present president prominent providing record removed representative Republican River Senate served side Smith Society success Thomas tion took town vote Ward young
143. oldal - Know ye not that there is a prince and a great man fallen this day in Israel?
330. oldal - Virginia, do by these presents solemnly and mutually in the presence of God and one of another, covenant and combine ourselves together into a civil body politic, for our better ordering and preservation and furtherance of the ends aforesaid; and by virtue hereof to enact, constitute, and frame such just and equal laws, ordinances, acts, constitutions, and offices, from time to time, as shall be thought most meet and convenient for the general good of the colony, unto which we promise all due submission...
141. oldal - Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.
376. oldal - ... of the three hundredth anniversary of the landing of the Pilgrims at Provincetown and Plymouth, Massachusetts.
331. oldal - In consequence of the above resolution of the Hon. Continental Congress, and to show our determination in joining our American brethren in defending the Lives, Liberties and Properties of the Inhabitants of the United Colonies...
122. oldal - I do solemnly bind myself, in the sight of God, that, when I shall be called to give my voice touching any such matter of this state wherein freemen are to deal, I will give my vote and suffrage as I shall judge in mine own conscience may best conduce and tend to the public weal of the body, without respect of persons or favor of any man. So help me God, in the Lord Jesus Christ...
255. oldal - Don't view me with a critic's eye, But pass my imperfections by. Large streams from little fountains flow; Tall oaks from little acorns grow ; And though I now am small and young, Of judgment weak, and feeble tongue ; Yet all great learned men, like me, Once learned to read their A, B, C.
255. oldal - You'd scarce expect one of my age, To speak in public on the stage ; And if I chance to fall below Demosthenes or Cicero, Don't view me with a critic's eye, But pass my imperfections by.
207. oldal - Hudson, for the Committee on Future Mode of Amending the Constitution, and other proposed amendments, to whom was referred Resolution No.
27. oldal - I see this minit a strame o' wather that might turn a mill running down Micky Mackavoy's back, between the collar of his coat and his shirt? " Here a laugh ensued at the expense of Micky Mackavoy, who certainly was under a very heavy drip from the imperfect roof. " And is it laughing you are, you haythens?