Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appears applied argument authority believe called christian Chrysostom common confirm consider contained contend correspondent divinity doctrine doubt edit evidence examples Exod explain expression fathers give given greek instance interpretation Jesus Christ John language Latin letters limitations Lord meaning mentioned Moses mystery nature never nouns object observe omitted original Paris passage person present produce proofs proper name proved question quod quoted reader reading reason refer Remarks respect rule scripture sense Sharp's shew speaking suppose taken Testament testimony thing tion Tracts translation trinity true understand Unitarian verse whole words writers γαρ δε εις εν επι ημων ημών Ιησου Θεον Θεος Ιησου Χριστου κατα κυριου μεγαλου Θεου μεν ου ουκ πατρος την της το τον τω
151. oldal - Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not ; for I am thy fellow-servant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book : 143 worship God.
181. oldal - And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend.
141. oldal - Oui, si la vie et la mort de Socrate sont d'un sage, la vie et la mort de Jésus sont d'un Dieu.
132. oldal - XMI ra-rr.p, (2 Pet. i. 1. ;) while in no single case, have I seen, where the sense could be determined, any one of them used...
1. oldal - ... in erecting a grammar school: and whereas, before, our forefathers had no other books but the score and the tally, thou hast caused printing to be used, and, contrary to the king, his crown and dignity, thou hast built a paper-mill. It will be proved to thy face that thou hast men about thee that usually talk of a noun and a verb, and such abominable words as no Christian ear can endure to hear.
184. oldal - And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all His ways, and to love Him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul...
62. oldal - I'll warrant you," says Sir Roger : " you ought to lock up your kings better ; they will carry off the body too if you don't take care.
36. oldal - Methinks there be not impossibilities enough in religion for an active faith : the deepest mysteries ours contains have not only been illustrated, but maintained, by syllogism and the rule of reason.
163. oldal - I say it is cold, not, it makes cold; but the bible is rather translated into English words, than into English phrase. The Hebraisms are kept, and the phrase of that language is kept: as for example (he uncovered her shame), which is well enough, so long as scholars have to do with it ; but when it comes among the common people, Lord, what gear do they make of it ! 4.