Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appear army Author become believe Bible called cause character Christian Church circumstances common considerable considered containing Divine effect England English established existence expression fact favour fear feeling French give given Greek hand Hindoos hope human important instance interesting Italy kind knowledge labour land language learned least less letters living manner means mind moral Napoleon native nature never object observations once opinion original pass passage persons poor possess practice present principle question readers reason received reference regard religion religious remains remarks respect says Scriptures seems Society spirit success sufficient supposed taken thing thought tion translation true truth volume whole writing young
280. oldal - I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me : refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul.
419. oldal - Of law there can be no less acknowledged, than that her seat is the bosom of God, her voice the harmony of the world ; all things in heaven and earth do her homage, the very least as feeling her care, and the greatest as not exempted from her power...
147. oldal - Give unto the Lord. O ye kindreds of the people, give unto the Lord glory and strength. "8 Give unto the Lord the glory due unto His name: bring an offering, and come into His courts. 9 O worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness: fear before Him, all the earth.
198. oldal - Samuel, and of the prophets: who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.
84. oldal - shall have the heathen for his inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for his possession ; " when " the kingdoms of this world shall become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
148. oldal - But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy : and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.
513. oldal - And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud : for he is a god ; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked.
282. oldal - And no man putteth new wine into old bottles : else the new wine doth burst the bottles, and the wine is spilled, and the bottles will be marred : but new wine must be put into new bottles.
182. oldal - I saw th' expectant nations stand To catch the coming flame in turn— I saw, from ready hand to hand, The clear, but struggling glory burn. And, oh! their joy, as it came near, 'Twas in itself a joy to see — While Fancy whisper'd in my ear, " That torch they pass is Liberty...