Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according Acts Answer Apol Apostles appears ARTICLE authority Baptism believe Bishop blessed blood body Book born bread called Catech cause Christian Church Clement commanded common Creed Cyprian dead death divine doctrine doth drink earth Eccl Epist eternal everlasting evil faith Father Field flesh follows gave give given glory God's Gospel grace Hær hands hath heaven Holy Ghost Homily Hooker's Ignatius Irenæus Jesus Christ Jewell's John judge justified King living Lord manner Martyr Matt means minister nature Nowelli observe offered ordained perfect persons Prayer preached Prideaux's Fasc Prophets receive religion repentance righteousness Rome Sacraments saith salvation saved Scripture Sect sins soul Spirit Supper Tertullian thee things thou tion true truth unto viii whole Wisdom worship
29. oldal - The condition of man, after the fall of Adam, is such, that he cannot turn and prepare himself, by his own natural strength and good works, to faith, and calling upon God : wherefore we have no power to do good works pleasant and acceptable to God, without the grace of God by Christ preventing us, that we may have a good will, and working with us, when we have that good will.
50. oldal - I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel ; which is not another ; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
43. oldal - According as he hath chosen us in him, before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love. Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, to the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
38. oldal - But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat ; and will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken ; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink? Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not. So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are...
19. oldal - Think not that I am come to destroy the law or the prophets; I am not come to destroy but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
63. oldal - BAPTISM is not only a sign of profession, and mark of difference, whereby Christian men are discerned from others that be not christened ; but it is also a sign of regeneration or new birth, whereby, as by an instrument, they that receive baptism rightly are grafted into the church : the promises of forgiveness of sin, and of our adoption to be the sons of God by the Holy Ghost, are visibly signed and sealed : faith is confirmed, and grace increased by virtue of prayer unto God.
82. oldal - God's Word, or of the Sacraments, the which thing the Injunctions also lately set forth by Elizabeth our Queen do most plainly testify; but that only prerogative, which we see to have been given always to all godly Princes in holy Scriptures by God himself...
67. oldal - And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
33. oldal - Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith and I have works ; show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works.
45. oldal - Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.