Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
American Institute Apostles authority believe Bible Biblical doctrine blessing cause character Charles F Christian Philosophy CHRISTIAN THOUGHT Church criminal death declares Deems Deems's divine doctrine of inspiration earth eternal fact faith Father give God's Gospel hand heart Hebrew Hermann Schultz Higher Criticism Holy human influence Institute of Christian invalidated Jehovah Jesus Christ John living LL.D Lord Marble Collegiate Church ment mind moral nation nature never Old Testament passages pastor phenomena Positivism prayer preacher preaching Presbyterian present President Princeton Theological Seminary principles prison Prof prophets Protestant Protestantism pulpit question reform religion religious represented revelation Scripture Septuagint social society soul speak spirit Strangers Summer School supernatural teaching Thee theological theory things Thou tion to-day true truth University unto woman words writers Yale Divinity School York
129. oldal - If we take in our hand any volume; of divinity or school metaphysics, for instance; let us ask, Does it contain any abstract reasoning concerning quantity or number'} No. Does it contain any experimental reasoning concerning matter of fact and existence? No. Commit it then to the flames: for it can contain nothing but sophistry and illusion.
367. oldal - Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
365. oldal - I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.
365. oldal - I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put My words in His mouth ; and He shall speak unto them all that I shall command Him.
43. oldal - ... the Word that was in the beginning with God, and was God, and dwelt from eternity in the bosom of the Father.
86. oldal - And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
365. oldal - For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
407. oldal - Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep ; If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take ; And this I ask for Jesus
130. oldal - To do this effectually it is necessary to be fully possessed of only two beliefs: the first, that the order of nature is ascertainable by our faculties to an extent which is practically unlimited; the second, that our volition counts for something as a condition of the course of events.