Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
American authority believe Bible body brought called cause changed character Christ Christian Church claim close criminal criticism death Deems divine doctrine earth evidence existence fact faith Father give given Gospel hand heart higher Holy hope human immortal influence inspiration Institute interest Jesus John knowledge known learned less light living look Lord matter means meeting mind moral nature never origin Philosophy position possible preaching present President Prof question received regard relation religion religious represented result revelation School Scripture seems sense social society soul speak spirit stand teach Testament theological theory things thought tion true truth University whole writers written York young
129. oldal - If we take in our hand any volume; of divinity or school metaphysics, for instance; let us ask, Does it contain any abstract reasoning concerning quantity or number'} No. Does it contain any experimental reasoning concerning matter of fact and existence? No. Commit it then to the flames: for it can contain nothing but sophistry and illusion.
367. oldal - Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
365. oldal - I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.
365. oldal - I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put My words in His mouth ; and He shall speak unto them all that I shall command Him.
43. oldal - ... the Word that was in the beginning with God, and was God, and dwelt from eternity in the bosom of the Father.
86. oldal - And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
365. oldal - For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
407. oldal - Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep ; If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take ; And this I ask for Jesus
130. oldal - To do this effectually it is necessary to be fully possessed of only two beliefs: the first, that the order of nature is ascertainable by our faculties to an extent which is practically unlimited; the second, that our volition counts for something as a condition of the course of events.